Learning Technologies Expert
The African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF) is the leading institution for capacity development in Africa. With membership from 40 African Countries, the African Development Bank, the United Nation’s Development Program, The World Bank, the organization was created to build human capital and institutional capacity for Africa’s sustainable development.
ACBF’s focus is on improving the effectiveness of Africa’s public sector institutions at country, regional and continental levels to become an effective systems’ integrators and catalysers of sustainable and transformative change.
Since its creation in 1991, ACBF has trained more than 50,000 personnel in civil service, most of which hold key positions in Ministries of Finance, Planning or Economic Development and Central Banks across the continent. The Foundation has established a network of over 50 think thanks that support evidence-based policy making across Africa and conducted over 290 policy research/analysis which have been critical in informing economic management and establishing benchmarks for success.
ACBF’s strategy for the next five years will focus on responding to the current needs identified by member states and on building human capital and institutions for the future.
ACBF is launching a program to strengthen public financial management (PFM) functions in selected African countries. The program will equip senior officials working on PFM issues with the requisite skills to promote equitable allocation and utilization of public resources in a manner that promotes gender balance and wealth creation for the transformation of African economies. ACBF seeks to recruit a Learning Technologies Expert for this program responsible for the administration and maintenance of the learning management system to facilitate knowledge sharing and learning for users.
- Lead the deployment, and ongoing maintenance of the selected Learning Management system (LMS) and other eLearning platforms including related Office365 systems/platforms ensuring compliance with corporate information technology and security management systems, policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
- Support the development of digital courses and learning materials such as videos, PowerPoint presentations, and course certificates for online access by faculty members, learners, and partners.
- Develop supporting workflows to ensure that all learning resources are properly set up and available to ensure optimal performance of the LMS.
- Provide technical resources and training for faculty members and learners such as step-by-step guides on how to enroll, access, and use the learning management system by learners, as well as guides for moderators, course authors and administrators.
- Support and administer the entire learning management platform, including third-party plugins, mobile applications, and technologies.
- Track usage of the learning management system and digital courses and generate reports on course usage, attendance, etc
- Actively monitor the performance of the learning management system, and traffic flow to the system and make suggestions to improve on areas requiring improvement.
- Develop backup and disaster recovery procedures to ensure continued systems availability and carry out routine backups and restore tests
- Collect data for statistical reporting of the eLearning activities.
Required qualifications and experience
Selection will be competitive based on the following candidate profile:
Advanced degree in computer science, information systems management, or related fields. Related ICT certifications in learning technologies is an added advantage.
Demonstrated experience in learning management technologies, modern enterprise-edge ICT technologies, services management, software development, operations, and support.
Advanced knowledge and skill in capturing, analysing, designing, and documenting business requirements.
Demonstrated experience in project management of ICT projects, and sound knowledge of project management tools.
English and French are the working languages of ACBF. For this position, fluency in oral and written English is required.
Related ICT certifications in learning technologies
Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business demands, organizational processes, and technologies.
Ability to work well with people at all levels and lead result/task-driven workgroups.
Ability to manage complex requirements and processes across organizational boundaries to complete projects.
Good working knowledge of French.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: