Manager, Regional Operational Procurement
- Headquarters-based Supply Chain Management Department in Geneva;
- Logistics Hub and Global Fleet office in Dubai;
- Five regional operational supply chain units located in Panama, Kuala Lumpur, Nairobi, Beirut and Budapest;
- Logistics Hubs;
- Country-based logistics set-up.
Working under the Regional Head, Global Humanitarian Services and Supply Chain Management, the Regional Operational Procurement Manager is responsible and accountable to drive operational procurement regionally with the support of Country and Cluster teams, the Global Operational Procurement Team and Global Strategic Sourcing Team. The incumbent will lead and drive Operational Procurement to ensure the successful development and execution of operational procurement in Africa Region. The role holder will drive and be accountable for regional operational procurement performance against set objectives.
Additionally, the Regional Operational Procurement Manager will oversee the execution of operational procurement (which include sourcing of categories not managed by the Global Strategic Sourcing Team) that are integrated and aligned with overall global strategies, objectives, and standards, and ensure best value for money objectives are achieved.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
- Implement the overall operational procurement strategy in close cooperation with the Global Strategic Sourcing Team, and the Global Operational Procurement Team.
- Ensure that the regional operational procurement supports and delivers all global procurement objectives.
- Have accountability in compliance and value for money in close coordination with Global Strategic Sourcing Team function.
- Ensure that all operational procurement procedures are in compliance with IFRC supply chain and procurement standards.
- Assume full accountability for delivering best value for money within the region.
- Manage the regional operational procurement team including the development of technical skills.
- Manage, hire, train and retain in the region a team of procurement professionals to push highest levels of performance and capability.
- Implement and foster the One Procurement team concept.
- Drive the development of talents providing guidance on development and career paths.
- Identify gaps in the skills and competencies of regional operational procurement team members and establish and implement personal development plans.
- Establish KPIs for the operational procurement function and report KPIs to the Executive team on an ongoing basis.
- Facilitate the implementation of procurement policies and procedures for the procurement operation, to ensure global procurement guidelines and policies are fully understood, communicated and locally applied.
- Facilitate the implementation of Global/Regional Frame Agreements (GFA/RFA), identify and remove potential barriers in implementing GFA/RFA, as to ensure GFA/RFA are implemented.
- Support the Global Strategic Sourcing Team in identifying cost reduction opportunities.
- Provide consultation to regional and country general management to ensure support for sourcing strategy implementation.
- Support the Improvement Local/Regional procurement systems to enhance efficiency, compliance and processes.
- Ensure that Strategic Sourcing support is provided as needed
- Drive operational and tactical procurement of goods and services regionally with the support of the regional operational Procurement and Logistics and supply chain services and global operational procurement
- Manage supply chain risks.
- Ensure that the operational procurement unit delivers a procurement service that understands and meets the needs of the Federation, partners and services users, balancing service quality against service cost/commercial implications.
- Provide technical expertise and advice across the regional network to enable the delivery of the right quality and cost-efficient procurement service provision that meets the requirements of the Federation, partners and customers in the region.
- Develop a robust supplier base within the region and manage the value chain complexity and risks in an uncertain environment to release total value contribution of procurement.
- Manage Financial Service Provider (FSP) and CASH Programs procurement.
- Internal: Regional Global Humanitarian Services and Supply Chain Management Team, Operations, Global/Regional Sourcing Teams;
- External: Supplier, Regulatory authorities;
Network of peers in own/other agencies.
- University degree in Business, economics, Engineering, IT or other relevant area.
- Professional Procurement Qualification highly preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in managing complex procurement operations including high volume in procurement, of which minimum 2-3 years at field operational levels and at least 5 years in a management position. (Required)
- Experience of managing and integrating tactical and operational procurement. (Required).
- Experience within the commercial sector. (Preferred)
- Red Cross/Red Crescent knowledge and experience (Preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- Ability to develop effective and efficient Operational Procurement
- In-depth grasp of international procurement practices including legal aspects
- Problem solving skills
- Proven staff management skills including remote management. Experience in different geographies and managing different cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse operational procurement impact, including at operational/institutional levels
- Commercial acumen and Proven negotiating skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Good communications skills (written and verbal) and ability to provide authoritative advice
- Technical credibility to challenge/influence internal stakeholders
- Ability to work in matrix environment
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment, strong interpersonal skills
- Drive for change and improvement and ability to deliver efficient operational procurement in a challenging environment
- A broad understanding of humanitarian issues, disaster recovery and related organization
- Fluent spoken and written English and French
- Good command of another IFRC official language ( Spanish or Arabic)
Competencies, Values and Comments
- Values: Respect for Diversity and Inclusion; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
- Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: