Advocacy and Communication Manager (Teheran, Iran)
Of | Republic | Tehrān
Opportunity open to international staff. Tehran is a family duty station.
Are you passionate about bringing the voices of the refugees and displaced people to the forefront? Are you committed to ensuring learning from programmes informs policymaking and improves humanitarian response for displacement-affected people? Are you analytical, do you enjoy working with others and are you an excellent communicator? Do you have experience of delivering high quality communication and advocacy work in a sensitive context? Can you think “out of the box” and offer context-specific solutions?
NRC has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Manager to lead our Advocacy and Communication Unit in the Islamic Republic of Iran. Read below for more details about the position and we look forward to receiving your application.
NRC in Iran
The Islamic Republic of Iran hosts at least 3.8 million Afghans, one of the largest and most protracted refugee caseload worldwide. NRC supports refugees, displaced and disaster affected populations. We have grown to become the largest international NGO, currently operating in ten provinces across the country.
NRC Iran delivers humanitarian assistance in the sectors of Education, Livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country.
About the position:
The Advocacy Manager provides overall leadership, management and strategic direction to NRC’s policy, advocacy and communications work in Iran. S/he is responsible for identifying priority protection concerns for advocacy, strengthening the incorporation of advocacy into all aspects of NRC’s activities and guiding NRC’s advocacy messaging to promote an improved protection and humanitarian response environment in Iran. S/he also leads on the development and implementation of the country-specific communication strategy. The Advocacy Manager holds a key role in the Country Programme and reports to the Country Director.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Post-graduate with minimum 5 years of relevant Manager/ Adviser experience within the humanitarian field
- Solid understanding of international legal and policy processes relating to displacement
- Strong knowledge about protection principles and advocacy
- Documented/proven results related to the position’s responsibilities, particularly in analysis, drafting of messages, coordination, networking, events organisation
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the refugee context in Iran and/or the humanitarian context in Afghanistan is an asset
- Strong ability to write articles, briefings, reports and official correspondence
- Experience in communications management, including internal communications and communicating with communities
- Experience in policy analysis and influencing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident in public speaking, including at senior level events
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision
- Strong managerial and interpersonal skills
What we offer:
- Type of contract: 2 year international contract, accompanied, family duty station
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC salary scale, terms and conditions
- Duty station: Tehran, Iran
- Travel: 10% across Area Offices
NRC might review applications before advert deadline, therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply early
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: