Administrative Assistant (Inward)
Background Information - Job-specific
UNEP Copenhagen Climate Centre (UNEP-CCC), formerly known as the UNEP DTU Partnership - UNEP-CCC is a leading international research and advisory institution on energy, climate and sustainable development.). As a collaborating centre of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP), UNEP-CCC works with a wide range of international institutions, national governments and research organizations to assist developing countries in their efforts to move toward low carbon, climate resilient and sustainable development. UNEP-CCC has a staff of approximately 70 professionals from over 20 countries and currently implements project activities in more than 60 countries.
UNEP Copenhagen Climate Centre (UNEP-CCC) based in UN City, Copenhagen is a UN Environment Programme Collaborating Centre actively engaged in implementing UNEP’s Climate Change Strategy & Energy Program.UNEP-CCC offers science-based advisory services to emerging markets and developing countries in their transition towards a climate resilient, low carbon future.
Context and overall objective
The Operations Support team within UNEP-CCC seeks to develop and support the staff with focuses on developing, building, and maintaining strong HR, IT, Finance, Admin, legal and project processes including due diligence, procedures and compliance to the UNEP/UNOPS policies. Furthermore, the section actively supports the programme sections in the organization and management of meetings, conferences, and events.
Within the Section of Operations Support, the Administrative Assistant (Inward) will perform the following functions:
Support to the Head of Office:
Provide personal assistance to the Director
Work with the Contract Officer for Low Value procurement.
HR, logistic & travel support:
In charge of the leave and sick leave monitoring, maintain the UNEP-CCC overview of ongoing recruitments and orient new staff to relevant administrative procedures and practices.
Provide logistical support to a range of international meetings/events including the travel of funded participants and provide on-site support while the event is taking place.
Acting as focal point:
Manage the mailing lists and groups for the UNEP-CCC and maintain files of administrative instructions/procedures.
Participate to inter-agency meetings for coordination at UN City.
Act as Focal Point on flexi desking and other seating initiatives at UN-City Office.
Act as UNEP-CCC’s Security Focal Point to initiate requests, obtain necessary clearances, supply UN City Security with the required staff information and participate in related cross cutting meetings
Process, develop, and update UNEP-CCC Guidelines/Administrative procedures in the assigned rim of responsibilities
Provide back-up and support the Outward Administrative Assistant.
Impact of results
The key results directly affect the overall efficiency of the team’s administrative services, impacting the office’s capacity to efficiently and effectively service the operational needs. Timely and accountable delivery of services, ensures client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of the team and UNEP-CCC.
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.(for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
A secondary school diploma or highschool diploma is required.
A First level university degree or undergraduate degree (bachelor or equivalent) is an asset.
An Advanced university degree (master degree or equivalent) in Economics, public administration, international development or related field is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years of administrative/operational experience in logistics and-or administration, with demonstrated capacity to meet performance indicators, and deliver results.
- Ability to work with computer and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages. Including Google-Suite.
Excellent working knowledge of English is required
Excellent working knowledge of Danish is required.
Knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement (LICA)
Contract level: LICA 5 / ICS-5
Contract duration: One year (12 months) initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- UNOPS embraces diversity and it is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, or disability.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
- Copenhagen, Denmark is an UN Family Duty Station
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: