Internal Service Clerk
Background Information - Job-specific
UNEP Copenhagen Climate Centre (UNEP-CCC) based in UN City, Copenhagen is a UN Environment Programme Collaborating Centre actively engaged in implementing UNEP’s Climate Change Strategy & Energy Program.UNEP-CCC offers science-based advisory services to emerging markets and developing countries in their transition towards a climate resilient, low carbon future.
Context and overall objective
Centre Administration Section within UNEP-CCC seeks to develop and support the ground for its business model. The section focuses on developing, building and maintaining strong IT, Finance, Admin, legal and project processes in order for the programs and projects to be run professionally. Furthermore, the section develops and holds the responsibilities for meetings, conferences and events.
Within the section under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Operations, the Internal Service Clerk will perform the following functions:
Rooms and connectivity for internal meetings.
Building Maintenance - Daily contact to the Common Service and Admin team.
Conferences - Support on site with arrangement of rooms and other facilities provided during the conference.
Virtual meetings support with connectivity
Inventory and maintain custody of office and home-office equipment for lending (non-standard hardware, Mobile phones, iPads, head-sets etc.).
Contact to Admin for Building Maintenance, Mailroom, reception, IT, Printing Shop, DHL & Royal Mail, etc.
Keeping order - Office, copy room, storage room, open areas etc.
Support for IT and Copiers - Basic level Photoshop, troubleshooting, set-up of equipment for new employees, first line of helpdesk, referral of problems to relevant support teams.
Impact of results:
The key result is a smooth and professional execution of all virtual meetings as well as a smooth functioning of the partnership’s office premises, with clean and adequate spaces and equipment.
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.(for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
A secondary school diploma or highschool diploma is required.
A University Degree preferably in Finance, Business or Public Administration is desirable.
- At least 3 years of experience in office maintenance or office secretary (with a Secondary / High School diploma);
- Proficiency in the use of web based applications, Microsoft tools, Google suite, on-line meeting tools.
Excellent working knowledge of English.
Knowledge of the Danish Language is desirable.
Knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement (LICA)
Contract level: LICA 3 / ICS-3
Contract duration: One year (12 months) initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- UNOPS embraces diversity and it is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, or disability.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
- Copenhagen, Denmark is an UN Family Duty Station
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: