Roster for Senior Data Analyst
Objectives of the Programme and of the immediate Strategic Objective
WHO India Country Office collaborates with the Government of India and relevant stakeholders within the framework of the collaborative Country Cooperation Strategy (CCS), to actively support the development and implementation of national health policies, strategies and plans aiming at promoting access to and utilization of affordable and quality health services and improving the financial protection against health-related risks.
The Country Office contributes to providing technical support in developing national policies, strategies, and activities in the area of health systems strengthening including, (i) advocating for Universal Health Coverage and building up national capacity in UHC-related matters (ii) facilitating the adoption of evidence -based public health interventions as well as appropriate reforms/changes with a view to promote equity and accelerate the movement towards universal health coverage.
Underlying Values and Core Functions of WHO
WHO’s mandate revolves around six (6) leadership priorities specifying (i) advancing universal health coverage (ii) health related sustainable development goals (iii) addressing the challenge of non-communicable diseases and mental health, violence and injuries and disabilities (iv) implementing the provisions of the International Health Regulations (2005) (v) increasing access to quality, safe, efficacious and affordable medical products (vi) addressing the social, economic and environmental determinants of health.
The South–East Asia Region (SEAR) of WHO is made up of 11 countries, with over 1.9 billion people, with India’s population of 1.4 billion. All the Member States of WHO/SEAR (Bangladesh, Bhutan, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, India, Indonesia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Timor Leste) share the common value of the highest attainable standard of health as a fundamental human right. All of WHO actions are based on this and rooted in the underlying values of equity, solidarity and participation.
Mission of the WHO Country Office for India
The mission of WHO India is to improve quality of life of the 1.4 billion people in India by supporting the government in eliminating vaccine preventable and other communicable diseases, reducing maternal and neonatal mortalities, promoting healthy lifestyles, addressing determinants of health, preparing and responding to health emergencies and strengthening health systems for universal health coverage.
Description of duties:
Under the managerial oversight of the NPO – Data and Programme Management and day to day supervision of Data Unit Lead, with a view to achieve the expected results set out in the relevant WCO India work plans in accordance with the WHO’s Country Cooperation Strategy with India, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities in her/his assigned area of work:
- Monitor and ensure accurate and timely collection, collation and dissemination of surveillance and immunization data through supervision of Assistant Data Analysts;
- Oversee and correlate case data with laboratory data to generate consolidated data for analysis;
- Oversee compilation and timely dissemination of SIA coverage and monitoring data;
- Oversee compilation and timely dissemination of Routine Immunization (RI) monitoring data;
- Oversee the development and maintenance of queries and programs for analysis and related reports;
- Monitor and ensure timely dissemination of data, indicators, reports and bulletins;
- Oversee the development and maintenance of dashboards for data visualization;
- Monitor and ensure timely collection, collation and dissemination of demographic and geographic data;
- Oversee and apply quality checks on the data and the analyzed reports to ensure quality of data and reports disseminated;
- Provide guidance to the team to ensure that the relevant data is disbursed to support the field staff and laboratories;
- Limit the risk of data loss by taking regular back-ups, implementing steps necessary to ensure that Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) Data processing environment is free of virus problems and ensuring that WHO informatics standards are implemented;
- Work with the systems team in developing the data management systems;
- Design the module for conducting trainings for the field staff, national staff and laboratory data management staff on data management and analysis using various data management systems; and
- Support any other programme supported by the organization and perform other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor(s) with objectives of improved information management for surveillance and immunization activities
Essential: Secondary, technical or commercial school.
Desirable: Graduate / Post Graduate degree in computer science, information technology or related field from a recognized university.
WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from accredited institutions. The list can be accessed through this link: http://www.whed.net/
Essential: At least eight (8) years of relevant work experience in the field of data handling and management.
Desirable: Experience of work in WHO/UN/ International organization(s) or Multinational Company (MNC)/reputed Indian Company/non-government organization(s) (NGO).
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and working knowledge of local language will be an asset.
Computer skills: Qualified professional in computer language/s with working knowledge in one or more of JAVA/J2EE, VB, C#, MSSQL, MySQL, SQL, PGADMIN, DBEAVER, ACCESS, EXCEL, EPI INFO, ARC VIEW and ANDROID mobile application development.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Knowing and managing yourself
Monthly remuneration is INR 97,028/- taxable as per Indian laws and the appointment will be through Special Services Agreement (SSA) extendable subject to satisfactory performance and continuing need for the function. S/he could be posted anywhere in India as per the Project need.
- This Vacancy Notice may be used to fill similar positions at the same level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test and interviews will be used as a form of screening
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- Any extension of appointment would be subject to programmatic requirements, performance of the incumbent and availability of funds.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: