Head of Media Division
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Secretariat General (SG), Communication Department (COM), Media Division (MEDIA), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a Head of Media Division*.
This is a full time position at grade 7.
*internal benchmark: Division Head
The term of this contract will be 4 years.
Applicants will receive initial feedback end of December 2022/beginning of January 2023.
Assessment Centres for selected applicants would take place end of January/beginning of February.
Panel interviews are anticipated for February.
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The Media Division is part of the EIB Group Communication Department. It is responsible for media outreach for the EIB, the EIF, the EIB Institute and EIB Global. The Head of Media drives the Bank’s engagement with national and international media across Europe and globally. You will be in charge of a team of about 30 press officers based in Luxembourg as well as in Bank offices across the EU and the world. The Head of Media is a senior, high profile role reporting to the Director of Communications and working in close contact with the Bank’s President and top management.
You will report to the Director of Communications. Internal contacts include EIB Group Management Committee members, senior management, experts and staff from all EIB departments and the EIF, and other teams in the communications department. External contacts include peers in EU institutions and IFIs, and European and international media.
- As a member of the department’s management team, contribute to the ongoing development of the Bank's communication strategy and activities.
- Develop and implement a media strategy addressing all communications outlets, specialist and generalist, to maximize audience reach and heighten visibility, understanding, and support for the Bank's aims among a growing range of audience groups
- Overall management of media relations, in line with the Bank's corporate communication strategy
- Management, guidance and coaching of staff
- Proactively seek out areas and occasions for promoting the EIB externally: campaigns, theme -setting and story- telling in line with the organization’s strategic objectives
- Ensure proper and effective organization of media events including press conferences and interviews for the members of the management committee
- Ensure updating and creation of media material including country fact sheets and presentations for press conferences
- Supervise and coordinate replies to media inquiries
- Supervise and coordinate creation of Q&As and "lines-to-take"
- Supervise and coordinate creation of press releases
- Ensure day-to-day operational management of division (planning of workload, allocation of resources, budget management, procurement)
- Provide advice and assistance to members of the management committee and staff in relation to external communication
- Ensure close cooperation with external offices and other internal departments/divisions
- Represent the communications department in intra-directorate meetings and committees as appropriate
- University degree, preferably in public relations, journalism, political sciences, business administration or economy
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in journalism, communications, public relations or related field
- Established network among key European and global media outlets
- Experience in managing and coaching staff, ideally in multicultural environments or international organizations
- Excellent skills in communicating with the media and different public audiences
- Understanding of new media channels and tools and of the impact of technological change on media production and consumption
- Proven ability to write speeches and press articles on various topics of political and economic nature
- Very good knowledge of the EU institutional and political framework
- Very good understanding of politics and of the banking sector
- Experience in dealing with sensitive issues
- Experience in crisis management
- Established network among communications officers in other EU institutions and MDBs preferred.
- Excellent command of English and/or French(*); knowledge of other languages would be an advantage
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they rapidly build up knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages.
Find out more about EIB core and managerial competencies here
We are an equal opportunities employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. We encourage all suitably qualified and eligible candidates to apply regardless of their gender identity/expression, age, racial, ethnic and cultural background, religion and beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, disability or neurodiversity.
Applicants with specific needs are encouraged to request reasonable accommodations at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact the EIB Recruitment team Jobs@eib.org who will ensure that your request is handled.
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 15th December 2022
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: