Health Safety and Security Officer Sudan Gadarif
Health, Safety and Security Officer Sudan Gedarif (National Position)
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role Specific Information
The Security Officer will provide a range of security support within an area, country or other location.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Implement NRC’s safety and security policies at Area Office level
- Conduct regular security and risk assessments to identify safety and security needs
- Train staff in safety and security and provide regular briefings and updates
- Immediately report all breaches of safety and security procedures and all threats to NRC staff, beneficiaries, activities, or assets
- Facilitate staff hibernation, relocation, and evacuation in emergency situations
- Supervise, train, and develop eventual security staff at office level
- Liaise with UN agencies, NGOs, and other external actors to gain security information
- Ensure vehicle and staff movements are monitored according to procedures and that necessary safety and security equipment are available and in good condition
- Prepare security updates and reports as required
Our Ideal Candidate:
- We are looking for a university graduate, with a minimum of 3 years’ previous experience in the field of HSS.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in Sudan.
- Technical HSS expertise relevant to the role.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
- We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
- In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gedarif
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
To apply please visit www.nrc.no careers
Closing date: 12/12/2022
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: