Youth Empowerment Alliance and Innovative Financing Coordinator (Home-Based) (IPSA8)
UNDP is on the ground in more than 170 countries provides a global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations. Across Asia and the Pacific, UNDP helps countries build and share their own solutions to urgent development challenges, supporting coalitions for change and connecting individuals and institutions so they can share knowledge, experience, and resources.
In the Asia and Pacific region, UNDP drives one of the largest youth movement for empowerment, equality, social inclusion, and social justice (Youth Co:Lab). The programme empowers and invests in youth, so that they can accelerate the implementation of the SDGs through leadership, social innovation, and entrepreneurship. Working with partners in government and the private sector, UNDP is co-creating national and regional programmes positioning young people front and center to solve the region’s pressing problems. Through our country offices we are working with young people to build entrepreneurial skills and capacity, help governments increase engagement with young people by creating supportive policy and regulatory environments; and working with private sector, academia and other partners to create an enabling ecosystem for young social entrepreneurs.
Over the last 5 years, Youth Co:Lab has been implemented in 25 countries and territories in Asia and the Pacific. The national dialogues, regional summits and social innovation challenges have reached over 200,000 youth participants. The initiative has benefitted over 11,000 young social entrepreneurs and helped to launch or improve over 1,240 youth-led social enterprises. Youth Co:Lab has also established partnerships with 202 key ecosystem players through a Youth Empowerment Alliance.
Building on this success and the growing context in Asia-Pacific region in relation to climate agenda, skills agenda and governance agenda, Bangkok Regional Hub will develop the next phase of the regional youth programme 2023-2026 which aims to scale the efforts with key private sector, bi-lateral donors and IFIs.With this context, UNDP is seeking the services of a junior coordinator to support with managing the regional Youth Empowerment Alliance and develop key initiatives to explore innovative financing such as crowdfunding/e-commerce etc.
The Youth Empowerment Alliance and Innovative Financing Coordinator will report to the Regional Youth and Civil Society Specialist with the close collaboration with BRH Programme Management Unit and with the Global Policy Network, UNDP country offices and other key parties. The success of the project depends on the timely delivery of each component. The Project Manager should ensure timely identification of potential risks and signal any delays in deliverables. The contract will be effective immediately upon signature by UNDP.
UNDP BRH will have the following responsibilities: (i) Provide relevant documents; (ii) Discuss and agree on the methodologies of the assignment; and (iii) Monitor and evaluate the progress of the assignment. The contract and payments will be performance-based and regularly assessed by UNDP BRH. All travel expenses to and from the target area should be included in the financial proposal.
The present ToR may be subject to modification, without changing the overall objective and the scope of work, on the basis of mutual consultations. UNDP will hold the copyright of the assignment deliverables.
Management of the Youth Empowerment Alliance (YEA)
- Manage the relationships with YEA partners, engage potential partners for YEA and establish productive and effective relationships with YEA partners.
- Manage the YEA and partnership database (CRM tool and external visibility tool - Hubspot)
- Support to produce communications materials for YEA (upgrade the website, videos, quote cards etc)
- Support the regional team and national offices to convene partner engagement activities
- Design, implement and manage the capacity building programme for the national YEA (Springboard Amplifier Programme)
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of YEA
Support regional team in establishing and maintaining partnerships
- Support to prepare partnerships documents, such as briefs, pitches, proposals and presentations
- Support to conduct the due diligence, prepare financing agreement, MoU and other relevant documents
- Support to develop new initiatives which engage external stakeholders (Youth Innovation Grant, the crowdfunding platform, e-commerce platform, and other start-up support initiatives.);
- Coordinate communications between regional partners and country offices where necessary
Country office programme coordination
- Coordinate the inputs of UNDP Bangkok Regional Hub, UNDP Country offices and other implementing partners into the agenda, and coordinate the implementation of the regional youth project at the national level;
- Coordinate with UNDP Country Offices on partnerships development and delivery at the national level
- Provide advisory support to country offices in youth project partnership development.
Support to implement start-up financing initiatives
- Support regional team to develop start-up financing offers (Youth Social Innovation Grant, etc.)
- Support to design and coordinate crowdfunding/e-commerce initiatives
Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies:
- Relationship Management: Ability to engage with a wide range of public and private partners, build, sustain and/or strengthen working relations, trust and mutual understanding
- Private Sector Engagement: Ability to identify, conduct outreach, and manage relationships with the private sector
Business Direction & Strategy
- Entrepreneurial Thinking: Ability to create clarity around UNDP value proposition to beneficiaries and partners and to develop service offers responding to client needs based on UNDP’s organizational priorities and mandate
- Knowledge Facilitation: Ability to animate individuals and communities of contributors to participate and share, particularly externally
- Project Management: Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
General (across the functions)
- Event Planning and Execution: Ability to plan, manage and execute of public and private events to ensure that they support and amplify individual communications and advocacy initiatives, as well as UNDP’s overall brand and mandate
2030 Agenda: Peace
- Governance: Youth Socio Economic Empowerment
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in development studies, business administration, social/political sciences, international relations, or other related expertise areas required.
- Minimum 2 years (with bachelor’s degree) or 0 years (with Master’s degree) (Prior experience in development agencies is an asset)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in developing and managing partnerships, especially with private sector and foundations for the youth empowerment agenda. Previous experience in conducting due diligence, preparing partnerships proposals and developing partnership agreements for partners etc., are required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in managing cross-sectoral alliance of partners for development agencies
- Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing capacity building programme for ecosystem stakeholders, e.g., incubators and accelerators in Asia-Pacific, and preparing evaluation report capturing programme impact
- Previous experience in coordinating and producing external communications materials (e.g., websites and videos) to showcase partnerships
- Successful track record of designing and organizing social innovation/entrepreneurship events (Asia-Pacific and China)
- Previous experience in developing or coordinating innovative financing platforms for startups, such as crowdfunding platforms
- Demonstrating a good understanding of youth empowerment agenda and youth social entrepreneurship landscape in Asia Pacific (Previous research experience/projects mapping experience in youth empowerment in Asia-Pacific preferred)
- Full computer literacy in Microsoft Office programmes i.e. MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-Power Point; Proficiency in graphic design and video editing software is a plus i.e. Photoshop, Premiere, etc
- Communications and social media skills
- Ability to work with diverse teams
- Good writing skills and the ability to work independently
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets in a tight deadline
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Chinese
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: