Gender Specialist /Senior Gender Specialist
Gender Specialist /Senior Gender Specialist
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
Infrastructure can have a major impact on women’s access to resources and their ability to be economically active. It can enhance their livelihoods and their well-being. By reducing gender gaps in access to the benefits of infrastructure and incorporating gender considerations into the way AIIB investments are designed and implemented, there is an opportunity to improve outcomes.
AIIB’s Strategy, Policy and Budget (SPB) Department is responsible for (i) developing and monitoring the implementation of AIIB’s strategic agenda; (ii) developing and overseeing compliance with AIIB’s operational policies and procedures for its infrastructure investment operations (non-treasury), including environmental, social, procurement and financial management; and (iii) developing and monitoring AIIB's annual business plan to implement the Bank’s strategies and manage its administrative budget to support the implementation of the annual business plan.
The primary responsibility of the Gender Specialist/Senior Gender Specialist is to work with senior staff in the team to develop a gender action plan which will outline actions towards a systematic operational approach to close gender gaps with a focus on client engagement.
- Contribute toward the development of AIIB’s Gender approach to address gender gaps in the infrastructure it finances, initially focusing on one or two key sectors.
- Support capacity building of staff, including contributing towards the development of a suite of tools for AIIB’s key operational sectors.
- Contribute toward the development of a suite of indicators that are appropriate for the infrastructure sector and AIIB’s business model.
- Contribute to studies to measure the impact of infrastructure on gender equality.
- Provide practical advice to operational teams in AIIB on how to further gender in their projects.
- Together with operational teams, engage with AIIB's clients and financial intermediaries, and development partners (MDBs, bilateral development organizations and development finance institutions) in an effective and professional manner in both formal and informal settings.
- Support the oversight of the delivery of consultants in relevant areas of work.
- Other responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience for a Specialist level and a minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience for a Senior Specialist level in Gender either working for, a multilateral development bank (MDB), bilateral donor or a private sector organization or as a consultant.
- Commitment to furthering gender equality in infrastructure and proven application of professional expertise in furthering Gender equality in infrastructure projects, including in sectors such as energy, transport, water, and urban development.
- Proven ability to work with public and/or private sector related projects.
- Proven ability to carry out complex tasks as part of multi-disciplinary teams, capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines; and ability to work with Project Teams, clients, and key stakeholders in progressing AIIB’s approach to address gender equality.
- Experience of contributing towards studies.
- Demonstrated experience of working in a multi-cultural and international environment.
- Proficient oral and excellent written communication skills in English.
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in social or related discipline.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: