Database Software Engineer (Manpower Planning Suite (MPS))
- Function title: Database Software Engineer (Manpower Planning Suite (MPS))
- Reference: NOC-MA-2022-FGIII/549
- Location: Maastricht - Information about living in Maastricht
- Nature of the competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL
- Grades: 11-12 - Check salary simulations for the basic grade
- Generic post: Senior Assistant (11-12 )
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration of engagement: 5 Year (s)
- Security clearance: EU/NATO SECRET
- Directorate/Service: MAAS/ATM/TS - Technical Systems
- Competition publication date: 01/12/2022
- Competition closing date: 15/12/2022 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Directorate Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre ,The "Technical Systems" service is responsible for the maintenance, development and improvement of software products which support MUAC in achieving its safety and capacity targets and sustain the growing air traffic demand. It provides also resources to various projects in its area of expertise and maintains technical hardware.
Your role will be to:
- Propose and develop new software components based on the following technologies:
- Oracle Database
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Oracle REST Data Services (ORDS)
- Oracle Forms/Reports
- Act as technical lead for the beforementioned technologies in the context of the MPS domain.
- Act as business analyst, carry out requirements analyses; clarify and refine user requirements, and implement change requests following the MUAC change process.
- Analyse technical issues, provide and implement solutions.
- Test developed software modules and perform peer code reviews.
- Engage in discussions with users, coordinate and lead initiatives, as required, to further improve the service provision.
- Follow a SCRUM methodology for agile and flexible development (backlog, sprint meetings, stand-ups, etc.).
- Support and train/coach more junior staff to ensure knowledge transfer and continuity in the adaptation of data provision service.
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Relevant (e.g. software engineering or computer science) post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of 3 years or university studies of three years and appropriate professional experience of 1 year.
- In addition to the above, minimum 6 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience with Oracle Database, PL/SQL, ORDS, Forms/Reports.
- Experience in database design and development principles.
- Experience or understanding of SCRUM methodology.
- English drafting skills (technical documentation).
- Analytical thinking: You analyse information and are able to identify relationships. (L2)
- Customer focus: You adapt services to respond to customer needs.
- Result focus: you seek to improve personal performance.
- Communication: You are able to foster two-way communication.
- Teamwork: You display a collaborative approach.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be a proficient user of English at level C1/C2.
The levels relate to the Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of 5 Year (s) pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed. Before being established in the post, he/she will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- The successful candidate shall be engaged in principle at the basic grade of the advertised grades.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the closing date of applications.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: https://www.eurocontrol.int/careers
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.
In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from the under-represented diversity characteristics.
- Candidates should go to our Careers website and read the tips on how to apply.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: