35-002 | Senior Program Officer, Water Climate Adaptation Africa
VACANCY TITLE: Senior Program Officer: Water Climate Adaptation Africa
LOCATION: Rotterdam (Netherlands)
TERM: Initial contract duration 1 year with possibility of extension
INTENSITY: 40 hours per week, 5 days per week
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 16-12-2022; 10 pm CET
The Global Center on Adaptation (GCA) is an international organization that works as a solutions broker to catalyze action and support for adaptation solutions, from the international to the local, in partnership with the public and private sector, to ensure we learn from each other and work together for a climate resilient future. Adapting to impacts of climate change provides a “win-win” for health, livelihoods, food security, water supply, human security and economic growth. The work of the GCA elevates the visibility and political importance of climate adaptation and facilitates solutions, such as smarter investments, new technologies and better planning to become more resilient to climate-related threats. GCA is a rapidly growing organization with offices in Abidjan, Beijing, Dhaka, Groningen, and Rotterdam.
ABOUT THE ROLE
GCA seeks a dynamic individual as Senior Program Officer Water Climate Adaptation to the Water and Urban team to drive forward the GCA’s role as a solutions broker in the field of adaptation. You will actively engage in and provide leadership on GCA’s key water climate adaptation program in Africa: (a) policy advocacy for climate adaptation; (b) programs for building climate resilient water services favoring NbS: and (c) provide overall technical support to advance GCA’s overall policy and advocacy work. You cultivate and manage relationships with external partners and parties and support the team’s ongoing work around implementation of the water program. Under the oversight of the Regional Director for Africa and, directly reporting to the Program Lead, the incumbent will carry out the following:
- Develop and implement a pipeline of technical assistance projects related to climate water adaption and NbS, that shapes and expands GCA’s partnerships with leading Multilateral Development Banks [such as African Development Bank (AfDB) and World Bank (WB)]. By doing so, you drive on-the-ground adaptation acceleration and scaling up of climate adaptation and create space and energy for innovation.
- Closely collaborate with task teams of AfDB and WB to support these teams on issues related to water climate adaptation.
- Develop in coordination with the Lead Water and Urban a suit of water climate adaptation solutions that apply NbS as scale.
- Drive an intense program, in coordination with regional and international partners, to build capacity of national and local government and non-governmental stakeholders on water governance.
- Support the preparation of knowledge products – e.g. policy briefs, news stories, reports – on GCA’s activities.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: