Call for Roster: Human Resources Officer NOB/SC9/SSA9, Dakar (Regional Bureau)
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
👉 Vacancy Announcement n°: 178714
📢 Job Title: Human Resources Officer, SSA9/SC9/NOB (Roster), RBD, Dakar
📌Type of Contract: SSA/SC/Fixed Term
✅ Unit / Division: Human Resources Unit
⚡ Duty Station: Dakar, Senegal
⏰ Closing date: 31 December 2022
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. To learn more about WFP, visit our website and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
COUNTRY CONTEXT/ ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
The WFP West Africa region extends from Mauritania to Chad and along the coast from Cameroon to Senegal. It consists of 19 countries; Benin Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Cote d'Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo. The West Africa Regional Bureau (RBD) is based in Dakar and provides strategic guidance, technical support, and direction to country operations in these countries.
The Human Resources Officer reports to the Senior Human Resources Officer at the Regional Bureau (RBD). The incumbent provides advice on low complex issues, applying HR rules and regulations and expertise in making determinations and recommendations across a range of HR-related activities.
To deliver a professional, client-focused HR services, partnering with managers to implement HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities.
This call for the roster is published to attain two objectives:
(i) create a pipeline of talents to facilitate a quick selection and deployment of Human Resources Officers at the WFP West African Regional Bureau in Dakar on a need basis;
(ii) to give an opportunity to applicants to express interest in being part of this roster to meet the first objective.
The VA is not related to any current open position. However, all applications received will be reviewed and will be subject to a selection process to assess the relevant professional experience and qualifications of the candidates.
- Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, and deliver HR operational activities or projects, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
- Provide advice to managers and employees, understanding their needs and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
- Provide effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements, and resolving employee relations issues.
- Contribute to staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing/delivering development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
- Deliver onboarding activities which ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organisation.
- Contribute to building and managing talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and delivering solutions to recruit, retain, manage and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver business objectives.
- Support organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs, and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
- Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by implementing new/updated HR policies, procedures and systems and recommending improvements to ways of working.
- Other as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE – HR SERVICES:
- Has provided direction and instruction to more junior staff members within area of expertise
- Has gained extensive experience providing administrative and systems support across multiple activities in employment life cycle including: recruitment, interviews, training support, performance management, relocation support and policy implementation within a country office environment
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE – CENTRE OF EXPERTISE:
- Has provided direction and instruction to more junior staff members within area of expertise
- Has collated and analysed data in order to support aspects of broader change initiatives and programme design
SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Advanced university degree (Master's degree equivalent, BAC+4/5) in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant fields, or First University degree (Bachelor's degree equivalent, Licence/BAC +3) with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development for Advanced University Degree holders (Master’s degree equivalent, BAC +4/5) and a minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development for First level University Holder (Bachelor’s degree equivalent, Licence, BAC+3).
Fluency (level C) in both written and spoken French and English.
Knowledge and Skills requirements
- Broad or specialised knowledge of HR best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
- Ability to supervise and support more junior and/or less experienced members of the team.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and recommend a course of action.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and provide client oriented service. Ability to identify client’s needs and match them to appropriate solutions.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
Before you apply, please confirm that both (i) your on-line profile and CV are accurate and up to date, (ii) your CV should include your employment history, academic qualifications and language skills. Candidates should clearly state their areas of expertise in their cover letters.
Why work at WFP
- Meaningful and impactful careers - Our day-to-day work makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
- Continuous learning and training - We provide learning tools for our staff to continually develop their careers.
- Multicultural and stimulating working environment - We encourage gender and cultural diversity to make our teams stronger.
Before you apply...
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
All employment decisions are made based on organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All applications received will be reviewed and go through a selection process to assess relevant experience and qualifications. Based on the assessment results, successful candidates will be placed in a roster at consultant level II and level III. Applicants who meet the selection criteria may be contacted for further interviews or assessments and to confirm their continued interest and availability for any of the following contract types: Special Services Agreement (SAA), Service Contract (SC) or Fixed Term (FT). SSA contracts may range between one (1) to eleven (11) months; SC contracts may range between six (6) to twelve (12) months while FT contracts are twelve months (12) at any one time.
- The roster validity is for a period of 24 months from the date on which the candidate is notified of their success.
- ONLY to Senegalese nationals are eligible to apply for this call for roster.
Special notice on office relocation: WFP and other UN Agencies will be moving to the new United Nations House, presently under construction in Diamniadio, 30 kilometres from downtown Dakar. The name of the duty station for this position will remain Dakar, Senegal.
⏰ Closing date: 31 December 2022 at 11:59 PM.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: