Financial Controller for NIRAS France
Do you want to be an integral part of NIRAS France – planning, directing, coordinating and evaluating our controlling systems and operational accounting functions?
NIRAS International Consulting is a leading Nordic consulting company in international development, owned by a foundation, and part of the NIRAS Group which has approximately 2,300 employees in 30 countries. We are a values-driven consultancy company with a strong commitment to building a more equal and sustainable world.
NIRAS France is a young and growing company in the NIRAS Group (operational in August 2021) and we value diversity within our team. We are seeking a responsible, energetic and proactive Financial Controller with solid accounting skills, and who enjoys working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organisation. As Controller you will have a key role within NIRAS International Consulting, with multiple contact points within the organisation. You will be part of our international finance team – consisting of finance officers in 18 different offices. Your role will be to support management with performance monitoring; forecasting and profitability analysis; and quality assurance of financial reporting. You will collaborate with project managers to ensure sound financial management practices and support them and develop their skills in areas such as budgeting, contracts and variance analysis. You will be responsible for maintaining NIRAS France’s accurate and reliable accounting records and complying with French corporate and tax regulations.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and evaluate all financial controlling systems and operational accounting functions for NIRAS France
- Undertake monthly forecasting, invoicing, and financial performance/variance monitoring and analysis and management with financial data/information
- Liaise with the NIC finance team to extract data and reports to deliver timely and accurate financial results in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Support financial management of projects and ensure the quality of ongoing project accounting and budgeting
- Process and record accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with financial management policies and procedures
- Undertake treasury functions including reconciliation of main bank and cash accounts, overseeing banking facilities, and cash flow forecasting
- Process payments in line with financial management procedures and ensure transactions are properly supported
- Prepare for and facilitate audits and their follow-up
- Ensure proper filing of both computerised and physical records
- Maintain current knowledge of French government requirements related to finance, taxation, and other corporate regulation
- Propose measures to increase the efficiency and profitability of the business
Education and experience: the ideal candidate matches these criteria:
- Master Degree in Business Administration or Economics, or comparable management / corporate finance (Bac + 5) diploma, Business School or university equivalent
- Professional accounting training or certification desirable (DECF / DESCF) / (ACCA, CPA or ACA) or equivalent
- 5 years’ minimum experience in finance management in a dynamic organisational setting
- Strong digital literacy: adept at working in MS Excel, with accounting software, and experience of working on an ERP platform
- Preferably having experience of financial management/reporting of projects with funding from the European Union, French and/or other development cooperation agencies.
Competences: the ideal candidate matches these criteria:
- Proven capability to analyse complex problems, skills to balance competing priorities, work to develop solutions, make sound judgments even in ambiguous situations and take appropriate actions within tight timelines
- Highly reliable and flexible approach to professional responsibilities: the ability to change course at a moment’s notice, yet remain calm, focused, and productive
- Adept at working both independently and as part of a team
- Sociable, capable of effectively liaising with colleagues across the organisation, developed cultural awareness, and able to thrive in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Good communicator and proficient at presenting information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Ability to thrive in a matrix management environment
- Fluency in both French and English, verbal and written, is a must
We offer :
- A diverse range of tasks in a leading, dynamic, and growing development consulting company that has a multicultural work environment
- Opportunities for travel in relation to collaboration across the organisation’s finance structures
- A chance to develop with the organisation and work both strategically and operationally
- Home-office possibility
- You will be registered with pension, life and disability and health benefits in France
- Syntec status: Cadre autonome; Index: 3.1; Coefficient: 170
Please state your expected salary level and earliest start date in your application. Interviews
Deadline Jan 3, 2023
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: