Family Wellness Case Manager/Advocate
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Location: Seattle
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date:
The mission of the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933, the IRC has a presence in over 40 countries and 27 offices in the United States; the IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC opened an office in Seattle in 1976 and serves refugee and immigrant communities through immediate resettlement assistance; case management services; job readiness and placement; community and cultural orientation; health, safety, and wellness programs; immigration services; and youth programs.
IRC’s Family Wellness Program offers intensive case management and advocacy services for individuals and families who experience harm or abuse. The Case Manager/Advocate provides person-centered, trauma-informed support to survivors; developing service plans to match individual needs utilizing a range of financial, medical, social, vocational, and other services and resources based on participant needs, eligibility, and priorities. The Case Worker/Advocate also participates, as appropriate, in program planning, outreach, and service development through community engagement and relationships with other service providers.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing trauma-informed, person-centered case management and advocacy based on individualized needs.
- Providing intake, assessment, orientation, support, referral, and advocacy services by assessing and evaluating each participant’s self-identified needs.
- Developing reasonable service plans and timelines with each participant and managing participant expectations during the service period.
- Ensuring that participants are provided the tools they need to meet their self-identified goals and objectives.
- Assessing and monitoring participant progress to ensure goals are being attained, designated resources are being maximized, and modifying plans as required.
- Ensuring compliance with case file management and reporting requirements.
- Other activities as needed and assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Family Wellness Program Coordinator
- Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Resettlement Team, Economic Empowerment Team, Anti-Trafficking/WARN Team, Immigration Team, Youth Program Team, New Roots Team, Health Empowerment Team, Volunteer Specialist, Finance Team, Development Team.
External: Volunteers, Interns, Community Partner Agencies