- Organization: AIIB - Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- Location: Beijing
- Grade: Junior level - Junior
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: Closed
Ref. Number: 22167
Department: Graduate Program, Investment Stream
Job Type: Global Recruitment
Posting Date: 16 December 2022
Closing Date: 5 February 2023
AIIB Graduate Program Virtual Event on 20 January 2023 (Friday)
Registration: (through Impactpool, to be opened within December)
About the virtual event: The event offers an online space for young professionals to engage directly with AIIB HR representatives and 2022 Graduate Program Analysts, ask questions and learn more information about the Graduate program and other early career opportunities at the Bank. AIIB will be hosting a Breakout room including a live video. The online event will be hosted over two sessions to accommodate participants from different time zones.
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
This position will be under the Investment Stream. The Analysts will rotate within AIIB’s investment operations to gain experience in identifying, preparing, and monitoring investment projects for public and private sector clients.
About the role:
The Implementation Monitoring Department (IMD) is responsible for monitoring the implementation of AIIB-funded projects. IMD monitors the entire Investment Operations portfolio and provides portfolio reports and data analytics; manages the nonsovereign-backed financing (NSBF) assets that have been transferred to IMD; leads the design and implementation of IT systems for Investment Operations; provides Secretariat services to the Investment Committee; and coordinates Investment Operations-related knowledge and learning management.
The main responsibility of the Portfolio Analyst (Graduate Program) will be to support Project Monitoring Officers (PMO) in carrying out various monitoring tasks at both project level and portfolio level for debt assets.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist PMOs in monitoring loan assets such as by spreading and analyzing financial statements of borrowers, sponsors and guarantors, preparing and/or adapting financial models for scenario/ sensitivity analysis and help update them periodically, and conducting periodic credit analysis of loan assets.
- Prepare and update project implementation monitoring reports; review supervision documents such as project progress reports prepared by sponsors and periodic reports submitted by lenders’ advisers (such as technical, insurance or environmental and social reports); assess compliance with loan documentation and relevant Bank policies and sectoral strategies, identify/analyze and alert issues that need management attention; and provide advice on how to address those issues.
- Track compliance by borrower clients with the financial and other covenants in the loan agreements, flag any deviations and discuss follow-up actions with supervisor.
- Track compliance by borrower clients in the on-time delivery of financial; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and other reporting requirements pursuant to the loan agreements and follow up on outstanding deliverables and issues.
- During the disbursement period, assess the borrower’s compliance with the conditions precedent for each disbursement, coordinate with the project parties as needed, and keep PMOs informed of the progress in such process.
- Draft memos for the processing of consents, waivers, amendments and other events, under the supervision of PMOs.
- Carry out analytical tasks on a wide range of operational, country and sectoral issues in the loan portfolio, review and interpret information/data and propose actions to address identified issues.
- Participate in internal and external project or portfolio review meetings and draft meeting notes/minutes, as requested by the supervisor.
- Carry out other duties that may be assigned by PMOs.
- Bachelor/Master's degree in economics, finance, business administration or relevant fields of study.
- Minimum of 1-2 years (for Master’s degree holders) or 2-3 years (for a Bachelor degree holders) of relevant full time working experience in conducting due diligence and monitoring of corporates/ NBFCs/ infrastructure projects.
- Strong analytical skills; experience in preparing financial models and conducting analysis of financial statements for corporates, Non Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs) and projects.
- Basic knowledge of major infrastructure sectors, such as energy, transport, telecommunication, banking & NBFC sectors would be an advantage.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English with demonstrated ability to think strategically and synthesize complex issues (translated into effective oral and written briefs) and ability to comprehend complex project contracts.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members and contribute productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: