Investment Analyst - Infrastructure
- Organization: AIIB - Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- Location: Beijing
- Grade: Junior level - Junior
- Banking and Finance
- Infrastructure and Urban-Rural development
- Impact investing, Social venture capital
- Closing Date: Closed
Ref. Number: 22166
Department: Graduate Program, Investment Stream
Job Type: Global Recruitment
Posting Date: 16 December 2022
Closing Date: 5 February 2023
AIIB Graduate Program Virtual Event on 20 January 2023 (Friday)
Registration: (through Impactpool, to be opened within December)
About the virtual event: The event offers an online space for young professionals to engage directly with AIIB HR representatives and 2022 Graduate Program Analysts, ask questions and learn more information about the Graduate program and other early career opportunities at the Bank. AIIB will be hosting a Breakout room including a live video. The online event will be hosted over two sessions to accommodate participants from different time zones.
Investment Analyst - Infrasructure
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
This position will be under the Investment Stream. The Analysts will rotate within AIIB’s investment operations to gain experience in identifying, preparing, and monitoring investment projects for public and private sector clients.
About the role:
The Infrastructure Investment Department identifies, prepares, and monitors investment projects for public and private sector clients. The department focuses on the tangible infrastructures in the energy, transport, water and urban sectors.
AIIB is scaling up its support to sector investment programs in client countries and is looking for Investment Analysts with experience in sovereign transactions, commercial/investment banks, and/or international financial institutions.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research on sectoral, industry and market topics;
- Analyze financial statements; create and/or operate financial models using available information;
- Support early screening of potential investment opportunities, including but not limited to pitchbook preparation;
- Support investment due diligence with emphasis on ensuring that key economic, financial and related technical, and legal issues are considered and mitigants incorporated in the financing structure and legal documentation;
- Support the preparation of project documents used for approval; and
- Support the implementation and monitoring of investments post-financial close.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with specialization in business administration or finance, engineering or related fields.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience (with a Bachelor’s degree) or 1-2 years of relevant work experience (with a Master’s degree) in the field of corporate/project finance gained at commercial/investment banks, professional/engineering/consulting firm, and/or international financial institutions.
- Good understanding of feasibility studies, financial products such as debt, equity, and/or capital market instruments in corporate/project finance transactions.
- Financial/economic analysis of projects, financial modeling skills, and credit skills will be an advantage.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational abilities.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: