- Organization: AIIB - Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- Location: Beijing
- Grade: Junior level - Junior
- Operations and Administrations
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: Closed
Ref. Number: 22164
Department: Graduate Program, Finance Stream
Job Type: Global Recruitment
Posting Date: 16 December 2022
Closing Date: 5 February 2023
AIIB Graduate Program Virtual Event on 20 January 2023 (Friday)
Registration: (through Impactpool, to be opened within December)
About the virtual event: The event offers an online space for young professionals to engage directly with AIIB HR representatives and 2022 Graduate Program Analysts, ask questions and learn more information about the Graduate program and other early career opportunities at the Bank. AIIB will be hosting a Breakout room including a live video. The online event will be hosted over two sessions to accommodate participants from different time zones.
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
This position will be under the Finance Stream. The Analysts will work closely with the Treasury and Controller’s offices and gain a deeper understanding of the tools, techniques and technologies related to treasury and finance processes and accounting.
About the role:
There are four teams in the Office of the Controller (CTL):
- The Financial Management and Control Team monitor, review and approve staff and vendor payments; monitor payment processes of the Bank; and oversees master data governance for financial data.
- The Loan Administration Team perform all investment administration including loan and equity (billing, disbursement, collection); post close loan data owner; and develop in-house LMIS system.
- The Accounting and Reporting Team produce monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; develop accounting policies and guidance of the Bank; provide consultation to business units on financial products and its accounting impact; and develop and maintain management and operational reports.
- The Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR) Team set up and maintain the Bank's internal controls framework over financial reporting; ensure adequacy of key control design effectiveness; ensure reliability of disclosed financial information; provide advisory on ICFR related control; and maintain the effectiveness of 1st lines of control.
The role of the Finance Analyst will be to support these teams on rotation. While the tasks and responsibilities will vary from one team to the other, all assignments will all require strong knowledge of finance processes and accounting. The rotation plan will be developed based on the candidate’s skill sets, qualifications and department’s needs.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Financial Management and Control
- Process payments for all staff, consultants, and vendors.
- Support database management of financial data.
- Participate in projects that enhance the processes and systems of the Bank.
- Provide back-office support for the Bank’s investments (primarily loans, but also includes equity investments, bonds, guarantees and other financing products).
- Support CTL officers in advising project teams and participate in planning for disbursement arrangements across investment project cycle, in compliance with relevant guidelines and procedures.
- Review disbursement requests in timely manner.
Accounting & Reporting
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Assist CTL officers in advising business units on financial products and its accounting impact.
- Support the development and maintenance of management and operational reports.
Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR)
- Support the establishment, maintenance and testing of internal control in support of financial reporting.
- Perform control testing and maintain Risk and Control Matrices.
- Support in the implementation of the ICFR and related systems.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in in finance, accounting, IT or related fields.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience (with a bachelor’s degree) or 1-2 years of relevant working experience (with a master’s degree) with major international organizations or financial institutions.
- Strong acumen and interest in finance and financial processes.
- High level of integrity and a track record in handling confidential matters.
- Demonstrable ability to pay strong attention to detail and can ensure accuracy of documents and communications.
- Effective team player who can easily build internal and external relationships.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Proven ability to work efficiently within teams.
- Knowledge of programming is a plus.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: