DRC Humanitarian Response Roster Membership – Cluster Coordination Experts
The DRC Humanitarian Response Roster (formerly known as the Standby Roster) is looking for Cluster Coordination Experts.
The objective of the DRC Humanitarian Response Roster is to mobilize qualified and committed humanitarian experts for deployments to our UN partners thereby strengthening the capacity of the UN organizations for more timely, effective, and accountable humanitarian response to people affected by crises. For more information, please visit our website (DRC | DRC Standby Roster).
We are looking for qualified candidates with extensive experience in the humanitarian field and who can meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of 3 years specific experience with Cluster Coordination, within one of more of the following clusters: Protection, Shelter, CCCM, logistics, WASH. Experience should include leading and/or supporting the coordination mechanism, planning, management and information sharing and promoting/facilitating active participation from all key actors.
- 2-3 years international humanitarian field experience with exposure to cluster coordination in emergencies.
- Proficiency in one (preferably two) official UN languages. English is mandatory, while French is considered a strong advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of the complexities involved in refugee and IDP responses.
- Relevant educational background and preferably United Nations experience.
For more information about the Cluster Coordination profile, please visit our website (see link above).
The following qualifications are required for membership of the DRC Humanitarian Response Roster:
- Motivation for a continuing career within the international humanitarian field.
- Committed to being an active member of the DRC Humanitarian Response Roster for a minimum of 3 years (see conditions on our website).
- Informed and in agreement with the salary and compensation package for Humanitarian Response Roster members during deployment (see link below).
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV or P11 form in the DRC online application system. Please also upload performance evaluation reports, if possible. To apply, please click on Apply Now on this advertisement. We only accept applications in English and received via our online application system.
Deadline for applications is 1st February 2023
Applications sent directly to the Standby Roster Unit will not be considered. For questions about the Humanitarian Response Roster or the application system please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the salary and compensation package for members deployed by the DRC Humanitarian Response Roster can be found here (DRC | Salary and compensation Jan 2023 - Humanitarian Response Roster)
Screening and selection process
Applications are screened on an ongoing basis, and we may consequently contact relevant applicants prior to the application deadline. Long-listed candidates will be invited for an online test and will be asked to submit contact details for 2 references. If the test result is satisfactory, the candidate may be invited for an interview over Skype/Teams. A conclusion on the roster membership will be taken following the interview and feedback from referees. We expect the process to take place from January – May 2023.