- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Rome
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Sales and Marketing
- Closing Date: Closed
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Job Title: Saleforce Developer
Division: PPF - Private Partnerships and Fundraising Division
Duty Station: Rome, HQ – Remote working can be arranged
Type of Contract: full-time regular Consultant
Duration: 11 months
Deadline for applications: 17.01.2023
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The position is part of the Individual Giving team which is dependent on the use of Salesforce CRM as our key supporter management platform, the successful applicant will play a key role in working with the Technology Lead and wider team to deliver changes and provide essential support on Salesforce development to the programme. The Salesforce Developer will report to the Individual Giving Technical Team Leader, working on assigned projects which add value to the wider Individual Giving (IG) Acquisition and Supporter Experience (retention and growth) teams and the external Supporter Care team.
1. Work on assigned projects, ensuring contribution to impact assessment and workload planning where requested
2. Action changes and complete development as directed, ensuring robust documentation of changes, effective testing and sign off of changes as directed
3. Support with the identification and resolution of issues that impact the performance of the Individual Giving programme
4. Support development projects execution, quality and scope, specifically (but not all inclusive) for the tasks related to the development of templates, automatic tools, quality assurance and usability.
5. Deliver high quality Salesforce solutions, covering all aspects such as: functionality, user experience, whilst ensuring compliance with applicable guidelines (architecture, security, technology stack, user interface, etc. as directed.
6. Support user testing, user training and go live during deployment and implementation.
7. Contribute to improvement initiatives across Individual Giving, taking ownership of assigned projects and providing updates on a regular basis.
8. Identify and escalate for review risks regarding changes and support strategies to overcome or address them.
9. Investigate business problems and identify potential solutions (technical and non-technical).
10. Perform other duties as required.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
Support and evolution of the fundraising debit processing system, to improve the reliability and performance, and to evolve the system to meet future requirements as determined by the Individual Giving roadmap. Development of an automated monitoring and quality checking processes, to ensure that business critical processes are working correctly, and to generate alerts when problems are detected. Automation of current Individual Tax Receipts processes to ensure effective supporter experience, immediate tax receipts where possible and enable Supporter Experience team to run annual tax campaigns by geography. Delivery of Facebook CAPI solution, automated marketing platform uploads, and integrations with partner CRM systems as designed and directed by the Senior Solution Architect Conduct review of current Metadata approach, propose changes for review and sign off then deliver. Become an integral part of the Individual Giving Tech Team
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• University degree or relevant educational certificate in Computer Science, IT Engineering, Professional Software Engineer or other closely related discipline. A strong background in troubleshooting and technical support would be beneficial. Salesforce developer certification is a strong advantage Agile/Scrum certification is a plus
• At least 3-5 years professional experience in IT/Technical delivery of development
• Experience of working in international or fundraising teams, with advantage if in agile/scrum methodologies
• Essential computer skills in Microsoft Office applications
• Proven ability to plan, manage and develop processes
• Experience with digital marketing, online fundraising, fundraising technical solutions, web development, CRM technology, in particular Salesforce administration and software development, Marketing Cloud administration and software development, working within remote virtual teams
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of Agile and DevOps Principals, hands on experience of transformation initiatives and new technologies or systems
• The ability to work with stakeholders to understand and translate business requirements
• Experience working on multiple projects at one time (including but not limited to implementations, upgrades, and new installations), excellent organizational and coordination skills
• Awareness of current trends and tools for within the Salesforce environment
• Highly adaptable to change and comfort in dealing with changing demands with grace and humor
• Proficient at producing and presenting reports, with the ability to demonstrate a high level of verbal and written English
• Proactive and able to use initiative, strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to demonstrate innovation and creativity
• Flexible approach to work, good time management skills and ability to multitask, able to deal with shifting priorities which may be impacting overall programme performance
• The ability to be self-directed and work in a dynamic environment
• Demonstration of maturity of judgement; ability to know when to listen vs. ask questions
• Working level of English is essential, intermediate knowledge of another official UN language would be a plus (Arabic, French, Spanish)
Terms and Conditions
Short-listed candidates can be subject to written assessment.
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by role’s responsibilities and deliverables. This consultancy assignment is renewable upon funding.
Visit the website for detailed information on working with WFP: http://www.wfp.org - Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about our operations.
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the Organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
We greatly appreciate your interest in WFP and joining our mission to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030
Saving Lives, Changing Lives!
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: