Supply Chain and Admin Assistant
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Location: Milan
- Grade: Administrative support - Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC aims to restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Following a first assessment conducted in January 2017 in Italy and another one in July 2017, several critical protection gaps were identified within assistance provided to refugees and migrants in Italy: mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS), assistance to unaccompanied children, information provision and legal support. In response to the identified gaps IRC established a small presence in Italy. Programs in Italy include Refugee.Info web-based information platform, child protection programming targeting unaccompanied children and victims of trafficking, mentoring programs for the socio-economic inclusion of refugee youth, WPE, and education (social emotional learning and healing classrooms). With the onset of the Ukrainian refugee crisis in Ukraine, IRC Italy is ramping up its capacities to respond to the protection and MHPSS needs of newly arrived Ukrainian refugees in several locations in Italy.
We are looking for a Supply Chain and Admin Assistant, who will be responsible for ensuring that all logistics activities and procurements are done on a timely basis without compromising IRC standards, as well as other admin duties. The SC Officer will work closely with program, finance and other staff to ensure that planned activities are implemented accordingly, including timely and compliant procurement of Program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring standard methodologies and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for national procurement requests received and their review.
• Ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance to IRC and donor-specific policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all materials purchased are of appropriate quality and price and are timely delivered.
• Ensures timely payment to suppliers.
• Generate all required procurement documentation and maintain records and files in an impeccable manner.
• Maintain a complete filing system for all procurement related documents according to IRC Procurement Manual.
• Coordinate with Finance Department to make sure the payments are delivered to the suppliers.
• Assist program staff with raising purchase requests (PRs) and provide price estimations of goods requested.
• Update relevant staff about the status of their request and delivery and maintain regular contact with supervisor on matters of procurement.
• Produce routine purchase status including dedication and other SC reports as requested / needed.
• Preparation of procurement contracts, and Purchase orders.
• Conducting regular market surveys and maintaining an up-to-date supplier database with key supplier information.
• Establishing and maintaining good professional working relationships with suppliers, contractors, and inspection companies whilst strictly adhering to IRC’s anti-corruption guidelines and IRC code of conduct.
• Handles PR tracking for KPIs reports.
• Ensure all office equipment is stocked with required supplies (stationary, cleaning and kitchen supplies, toner, paper, etc.).
• Review and verify bills received for the office, including utilities, maintenance, provision of standard supplies, new furniture, or equipment and prepare payment requests; undertake analysis of bills to make recommendations on the most cost-effective billing approaches.
Assets and Office Equipment
• Ensures accurate recording and labeling of assets and the utilization of assets at the Office level.
• Ensures proper handling of assets and equipment by the staff at the point of departure and the transfer and recording of equipment and office machines/computers and others/, furniture, etc from one person to the other
Facilities Management & Supplies
• Lead all aspects of the process of receiving, logging, and follow-up on requests for space, accommodation and supplies, and firm up identification of new premises as the need arises;
• Refer any maintenance required to IT department;
• Ensure office premises are well managed and maintained.
• Ensure a regularly updated visiting staff schedule is maintained;
• Be responsible for hotel bookings as the need arises for visiting staff, consultants etc, including ensuring prior approval by an authorized supervisor and recording of accounting expense codes;
• Connect with visitors to confirm arrivals, accommodations and any transport requirements;
• Ensure visitors are advised in advance of all arrangements and provided with arrival package including contacts and latest visitor security protocols;
• Verify hotel billings and prepare related payment requests;
• Perform admin duties as needed and all other ad-hoc duties, as and when assigned by supervisor
Key working relationships:
• Position Reports to IRC Italy Senior Finance Officer
• Required to work closely with the IRC Italy Program team, Program Manager and Head of Office
• External collaboration with suppliers, travel service providers etc.
• Degree or professional certification in Administration, Business Management or a related field is strongly preferred
• At least 3 years experience in Supply Chain
• Ability to develop analytical spreadsheet reports.
• Confirmed digital literacy in MS Word, MS-Excel MS-Access, and related programs required.
• Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to meet deadlines and flexibility in working under pressure
• Willingness to put in extra hours as required and travel to the field.
• Systems-oriented individual.
• Great teammate with strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Proficiency in English and Italian, both written and spoken;
Positions directly report to: Senior Finance Officer, IRC Italy
This position is based in Milan with the possibility of working remotely. When travel opens up again, this role may travel up to 30% of the time.
We invite you to submit your Curriculum vitae or resume in English. Closing date; December 31, 2022
Due to the urgency of recruitment interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis before the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.