Deputy Chief of Party-Technical for Vietnam Climate Resilient Agriculture Development in the Mekong Delta
Ho Chi Minh City
Tetra Tech International Development (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)-Technical position on a USAID-funded project Vietnam. This $25-49.99 million dollar project is anticipated to be a five-year contract to address climate resilient agriculture development in Vietnam’s Mekong Delta.
The DCOP-Technical will be responsible for overseeing effective coordination and technical integration of activities during project implementation. S/he will work with the Chief of Party (COP) to provide the overall technical vision to the program and ensure quality and timely achievement of all project outcomes. The DCOP-Technical will likely support integration of monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL); gender equity and social inclusion (GESI); and adaptive management into technical activities. S/he will liaise with government officials, private sector partners, and communities, as needed. This would be a full-time position, based in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam for the life of project (anticipated five years).
* Oversee planning, coordination, and day-to-day implementation of technical activities in partnership with technical team members and the COP;
* Provide technical expertise and support annual work planning and adaptive management of the project as needed in accordance with the project’s objectives and targets;
* Assist in coordinating project implementation, providing support to personnel and subcontractor management, and efficient budgeting and financial management, as needed;
* Ensure coordination between project teams;
* Evaluate and document project progress and lessons learned;
* Assume responsibility for quality control and timeliness of deliverables;
* Serve as the interim COP when the COP is not available.
* Minimum of a master’s degree in economic development, agriculture, climate resiliency, natural resource management, or another related field;
* A minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated project experience, preferably in Vietnam, working in one or more of the following technical disciplines: economic growth, agriculture, climate resiliency, natural resource management, and/or other relevant technical areas;
* A minimum of five (5) years of supervisory work experience managing multi-disciplinary teams;
* Prior experience working on USAID-funded development programs in Vietnam or within the Southeast Asia context strongly preferred;
* Proven track record managing and coordinating collaboration among multi-disciplinary development program teams and stakeholders (including national-level governments, the private sector, and local organizations)
* Strong understanding of the Government of Vietnam structure and operations, with direct experience working at different levels of government;
* Professional fluency in English required; professional fluency in Vietnamese strongly preferred;
* Vietnam nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/DCOPMekongDelta
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: