Explosive Ordnance Risk Education (EORE) Facilitator
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
DRC Ukraine is looking for an Explosive Ordnance Risk Education (EORE) Facilitator based in Mykolaiv.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be
Planning, Coordination, and Context Analysis:
- Participate in the development of activity work plans and follow them accordingly.
- Comply with field coordination directions of EORE Team Leader and flag uncoordinated efforts to them.
- Follow the given work plans and guidelines.
- Actively participate in internal EORE team meetings and share pertinent updates.
- Liaise with DRC HPD Humanitarian Demining, NonTechnical Survey, Victim Assistance, and other DRC sectors to ensure an integrated approach.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the context, including Explosive Ordnance (EO) contamination.
Implementation of Explosive Ordnance Risk Education:
- Conduct direct and online EORE sessions for adults, adolescents, and children according to DRC HDP SOPs, using standard and approved methodologies.
- As a Training Assistant, support EORE Training of Trainers (TOT) for local stakeholders.
- Support to HMA workshops, events, and other such public events, organized be DRC.
- Support Community Liaison (CL) with local communities.
- Distribute EORE informational materials as instructed.
- Assists with the development of EORE (informational) materials, methodologies, and tools.
- Comply with EORE SOP and TMP, flagging issues with its implementation to EORE Team Leads.
Reporting and Information Management:
- Use development Information Management (IM) tools to share EORE activity data to DRC IM Team and EORE Team Leader.
Procurement, Warehouse, and EORE Archives:
- Flag any gaps or damages in required work equipment to EORE Team Leader.
- Upload EORE data and Means of Verifications to the online EORE archive and store hard-copy documents.
- Upon request, support procurement efforts, including developing the required documentation.
Monitoring and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC):
- Cooperate during EORE (internal and external) monitoring as well as in-country or HQ Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC).
- Contribute to the lessons learned reports on EORE activities.
Required experience and competencies:
- University degree in Education or Pedagogy or in other relevant field.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a humanitarian organization or an educational institution. Experience working with children, adolescent, and adult audiences, public speaking capacity.
- Languages: fluent in Ukrainian and Russian languages, with at least a basic level of English.
- Computer literacy: Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office package (with focus on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- An interesting opportunity to work with the International Humanitarian Organization
- Fixed-term Labor Contract
- Medical and Life Insurance
Contract length: 12 months, after 3 months of probation period with possibility to extend based on available funding.
Start date: ASAP
Reporting to: EORE Team Leader
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 31 January 2023
We reserve the right to conduct further interviews before the deadline for submission of applications.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo