Operations Manager- Bangladesh
EnCompass LLC is seeking Operations Manager candidates for an anticipated four-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activity will be a central Mission-wide platform that provides a range of analytical and advisory services in support of USAID’s design, performance monitoring, evaluation, and operational learning and adapting efforts. The activity will play a significant role in achieving the successful implementation of the Mission’s: CDCS 2020 - 2025, PMP, and the CLA agenda.
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Operations Manager will serve as the overall lead for all financial and administrative (F&A) aspects of the APP activity. Managing a team, they will serve as the lead for accounting, finance, invoicing, procurement and other F&A functions as required by the contract. They will work directly with the Chief of Party to ensure full compliance in accordance with USAID rules and regulations, functioning of financial processes as well as maintaining internal controls for all activities.
The position will be full-time and be based in Dhaka with travel throughout the country.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain oversight of finance, procurement, human resources, and operational activities of the country office
- Establish procedures for stewardship of financial operations, including accounting/banking, payroll, subcontracting, procurement, etc.
- Analyze and interpret financial data to determine financial performance of the project
- Ensure all activities and operations maintain compliance with local laws and USAID rules and regulations
- May develop, execute, and manage consultant, subcontractor, and vendor agreements, authorize and approve payments to consultants, subcontractors, and vendors
- Ensure efficient processing of bank and cash transactions, including reconciliations
- Develop, analyze, and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets
- Execute all budget and financial tracking and reporting requirements and respond to related inquiries by USAID and the EnCompass Home Office in a timely fashion
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ experience; or Master’s degree and 8 years’ experience managing, in roles of increasing responsibility: finance, procurement, accounting, logistics and/or human resource related matters for international development activities of a similar contract size
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience working on donor-funded projects in a related role and managing, in roles of increasing responsibility: contract administrative compliance, finance and procurement (subcontracts), accounting, and/or human resource related matters
- Proficient in US Government procurement, human resources, and financial reporting processes and requirements highly preferred
- Strong capabilities in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Previous experience working in USAID-funded programs preferred
- Language proficiency in Bangla and Urdu preferred
- Knowledge of applicable Bangladesh laws and policies on financial and procurement procedures and human resources
- Bangladesh National preferred
- High-level of working proficiency in both spoken and written English
Please submit CV and cover letter and complete the application