Senior Sustainable Landscape and Investment Officer
Senior Sustainable Landscape and Investment Officer
The Green Bio-Economy Investment Specialist will report to the Country Representative.
The specialist applies specialized conceptual knowledge in identifying risks, challenges, market opportunities for sustainable climate smart agriculture business model development, green commodity trading and sustainable finance. S/he will carry out analytical work related to her/his technical expertise and provides a wide range of contributions to support project implementation, including planning, design, delivery, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and capacity-building. These capacities will be applied in support of development/implementation of the Uzbekistan Country Planning Framework (CFP), with particular focus on the project delivery of the ‘Green Rehabilitation Investment Project for Karakalpakstan Republic to address impacts of the Aral Sea crisis (Aral Sea GRIP)’. S/he is expected to support Country Office’s resource and investment mobilization efforts, and to represent GGGI in consultations with national/local decision makers, development partners, and private sector, etc.
- Conducts socio-economic, statistical, market and investment analyses for development of climate smart value chains and trade opportunities relevant to agriculture, agroforestry, forestry, fishery (and other related) industries, from production to export/consumption, providing timely, coherent outputs tailored for specialist or general audiences.
- Leads data collection, analyses and engagement with stakeholders for development of green value-chain business models, and for development of green business entrepreneurship platform targeting agri-business and environmental value-chain stakeholders in Karakalpakstan.
- Provides technical inputs for the development of new projects under the guidance of the Country Representative.
- Constructs technical inputs for the review and development of new policy and other strategic planning documents as requested the government and assigned by the Country Representative.
- Coordinate with GGGI colleagues in project Field Offices, the Country Office and HQ on project related matters to enable delivery of high-quality products in accordance with GGGI standards and ensure integrated delivery as “One GGGI”.
- Work closely with national and regional government counterparts to acquire information/knowledge, to build cooperative relationships, and to establish the organization as an effective partner for policy delivery at a national level (particularly with the State Committee for Ecology and Environmental Protection (SCEEP)), and sub-national level (particularly with the Karakalpakstan Council of Ministers) and its constituent ministries.
- Engage in stakeholder mapping and maintain close and frequent contact with key local stakeholders (i.e. Government, business/producer associations, private sector,, etc) to gain/maintain active support for planned and ongoing project activities, and to identify opportunities for scaling up/enhancing activities where possible.
- Support stakeholder engagement and strategic relationship building with government counterparts, donors, development partners and private sector to build synergies with GGGIs projects, to develop partnership opportunities, and to support mobilization of public/private sector financing.
- Build capacities within the GGGI team and among national partners/counterpart organizations for application of green growth and sustainable landscapes concepts in policy formulation, development planning, project implementation, and green investment and climate financing mobilization.
- Support the Project Lead , Component Leads, OED Focal point, and the Country Representative as needed in procurement of technical services, monitoring of project component budgets/expenditures, review of technical deliverables,
- Regular reporting on project/country program portfolio progress to ensure effective and timely implementation of specific projects.
- Implement programs, projects and actions related to GGGI Uzbekistan’s Country Planning Framework and the “Green Rehabilitation Investment Project for Karakalpakstan”.
- Apply technical skills to prepare rigorous analyses and briefing notes, concept notes and analytical reports to support GGGI Uzbekistan’s engagement with diverse technical and general stakeholder audiences.
- Monitor project implementation and execution, and be responsible for developing reporting of program activities as required.
- Assess delivery issues and identify potential solutions in consultation with GGGI team members and key national counterparts to build common understanding and enhance coordination/implementation of project activities.
- Consolidate best-practices on, and conduct technical and economic analyses to inform Uzbekistan’s decision-makers of green growth opportunities and support sound regulatory and policy design and implementation;
- Participate in/conduct other relevant meetings, workshops, activities deemed necessary for the development of GGGI's Uzbekistan programme, at regional, national, subnational levels;
- Initiate/support development of project/country program partnerships, providing accurate, timely and actionable guidance to the Project Lead and Country Representative.
- Support development/consolidation of GGGI's knowledge base, project and activity portfolio coordination, and documentation of best practices and lessons-learned to promote adoption, replication and scaling up linked in particular to GGGI’s Sustainable Landscape’s program Community of Practice, and the Global Operational Priority for Achieving a Sustainable and Circular Bioeconomy while securing Healthy Natural Systems.
- Advanced university degree in areas such as agriculture, international business, agricultural / environmental economics with further financial / economics training, and/or other related fields.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in the promotion and implementation of low-carbon, climate-resilient, green growth development technologies, practices and marketing and trade related to Agriculture, Forestry, Environmental sectors or Bio-economic product value chains.
- Experience in development, implementation, assessment of projects related to at least one of the following sectors/areas: renewable energy, energy efficiency, green urban development, sustainable waste management,
- Strong analytical and modeling skills, and development/reading of financial models and balance sheets.
- Development of analysis of investment projects for economic/financial, natural, and social capital returns is a plus.
- Experience in financial structuring of green and climate finance instruments is a plus
- Hands-on project management experience, an ability to efficiently manage a large number of activities simultaneously and to navigate through complex environments is a plus.
- Working experience in developing partnerships with development partners, and private sector companies in Central Asian region will be advantage.
- Oral and written fluency in English.
- Language skills in Uzbek or Russian languages is a plus.
- Understand and actively supports GGGI's mission, vision, and values.
- Promote an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect, and partnership.
- Excels at problem-solving, asks questions and seeks support when needed, and shares easily information and knowledge with others both internally as externally.
- Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolve conflict easily.
- Strong ability to work independently and/or remotely while maintaining productivity.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
Child protection – GGGI is committed to child protection, irrespective of whether any specific area of work involves direct contact with children. GGGI’s Child Protection Policy is written in accordance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: