Chief of Party for Vietnam Climate Resilient Agriculture Development in the Mekong Delta
Ho Chi Minh City
Tetra Tech International Development (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party (COP) position on a USAID-funded project Vietnam. This $25-49.99 million dollar project is anticipated to be a five-year contract to address climate resilient agriculture development in Vietnam’s Mekong Delta.
The COP will be responsible for leading all technical, financial, and administrative aspects of the project and will coordinate closely with USAID in developing, implementing, and revising the project’s overall field strategy. The COP will be the principal link between USAID, key government counterparts, Tetra Tech, and other project stakeholders. S/he will provide overall strategic and technical guidance to subcontractors. The COP will provide comprehensive expert technical oversight and guidance in all aspects, including monitoring and evaluation and reporting to USAID. This would be a full-time position based in Vietnam for the life of project (anticipated five years).
* Provide leadership and technical expertise for the project, and supervise expatriate and local teams;
* Develop strategic objectives and ensure project compliance with USAID regulations;
* Manage the project’s implementation, including overall responsibility for personnel and efficient budgeting and financial management;
* Oversee technical activities of the project and ensure that impact is achieving the results defined in the contract;
* Evaluate and document project progress and lessons learned;
* Assume responsibility for overall USAID contract management ensuring quality control and timeliness of deliverables.
* Minimum of a master’s degree in economic development, agriculture, climate resiliency, natural resource management, or another related field;
* A minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated project experience, preferably in Vietnam or another Southeast Asian country, working in one or more of the following technical disciplines: economic growth, agriculture, climate resiliency, natural resource management, and/or other relevant technical areas;
* A minimum of five (5) years in a director-level role leading and managing complex development programs and multi-disciplinary teams in Southeast Asia, preferable as a COP for a similarly sized USAID-funded project or equivalent;
* Prior experience working on USAID-funded development programs in Vietnam or within the Southeast Asia context strongly preferred;
* Proven track record managing multi-disciplinary development programs and teams, engaging effectively with stakeholders, fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, and promoting gender equity and social inclusion;
* Strong familiarity with climate resilient agriculture development desired;
* Strong familiarity with the policy, social, economic, environmental, and cultural context in Vietnam;
* Excellent communication skills in English required; professional fluency in Vietnamese preferred;
* Vietnam nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/COPMekongDelta
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: