Enterprise Risk and Security Officer
Basing | London
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Enterprise Risk and Security Officer to provide coordination and hands-on support to the enterprise risk management processes across International Alert.
You will be a key member at International Alert, one of the world’s largest and most respected peacebuilding organisations with a 30-year track record.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations, you will ensure International Alert has solid policies and approaches to mitigate a broad range of risks. Working closely with the Executive Team and Managers in all country offices, you will assist the country programmes with the regional security protocols and critical incident management, as well as provide risk management training to our employees. You will assist with the updating of the current Risk Management structure and develop new structures for risk monitoring and reporting. You will also lead the development and review of security plans and procedures, as well as the coordination and implementation of security policies and processes.
You will be instrumental in driving the organisation’s risk culture and endorse the operation of organisational risk management. As an integral part of Alert’s Risk and Security team, you will identify potential key risks, mitigate accordingly, and provide risk and security training across teams.
We are seeking a candidate who is degree educated and has experience in Risk and Security Management, with strong analytical, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills. Ideally, you will have experience in peacebuilding, or in sectors affected by conflict. You will have practical knowledge on ERM as well as risk management/project management software experience. We are in the process of change, so the ability to adapt, work independently and be tech savvy would be advantageous. Commercial awareness and a strong interest/experience in the NGO environment would also be beneficial for this position, as well as knowledge of another language.
Role duties and responsibilities:
Enterprise risk management
- Drive and manage International Alert’s enterprise risk management process across the organisation.
- Lead on the re-design of the current Risk Management structure.
- Working with the Director of Finance and Operations, develop and implement International Alert risk management framework and process across HQ, regions, and country offices.
- Develop and manage risk monitoring and reporting structures, including review of mitigation actions and reporting.
- Liaise with Executive Team and Managers at HQ and field offices on risk management matters.
- Input to organisational Internal Audit process by identifying risk-based control checking and evaluating process throughout the organisation.
- Develop and deliver risk management awareness and capability training across the organisation.
- Working with the Director of Finance and Operations drive a risk culture in the organising and ensuring effective operation of organisational risk management.
- Keep up to date with emerging sector trends and enterprise risk management best practices.
- Be focal person for the risk and security strategy development, implementation, and monitoring.
- Collaborate with the IT team on Cyber Security issues, providing insights into recent trends and support to mitigate risks.
- Working with the Director of Finance and Operations articulate steps and measures to implement the Alert’s Security Policy and lead and coordinate the practical implementation of the security policies and processes in the different locations.
- Coordinate the development and review of security plans and procedures, including, but not limited to, contingency and crisis response plans, severe incident management protocol, standard operating procedures, emergency communications.
- Provide advice and respond to training needs to develop staff safety and security competencies – also by drawing from the experience of local teams and stakeholders.
- Maintain close contacts with all country offices to develop a network of security specialists in all regions and build relationships with key actors.
- Monitor the reporting and data gathering of security incidents and generate analysis/reports on security trends, responses and vulnerabilities and any relevant lessons learned from security and safety incidents.
- Provide technical advice on team on security requirements to inform proposals.
- Contribute to team-wide communications and knowledge management and participate in organisation-wide events and discussions on related topics/projects.
Please note that the above are only some of the requirements for the job. For the full job requirements, please click here to view the full job description.
Please follow this link to apply.
All applicants must have the right to work in UK, or any other location they wish to be based in.
Candidates for this position will be interviewed on a rolling basis.
International Alert prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from underrepresented people including women, people from the Global South, BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ people, disabled people, and other historically marginalised people.
While International Alert will endeavour to contact all candidates within a reasonable time, this may not always be possible due to limited resources. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, you can assume that your application has, on this occasion, been unsuccessful.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: