Social Media Content Specialist - Consultant
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
Job Title: Social Media Content Specialist
Type of Contract: Regular Consultant
Division: Communications, Marketing and Advocacy Division
Duty Station (City, Country): Rome HQ, Italy
Duration: 11 months
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The Social Media Content Specialist will be responsible for the regular creation of digital content (video, graphics, copy) adapted for various social media platforms. Reporting to the Social Media Manager, this role will focus on creating a balanced social media content calendar that reflects organizational priorities while leveraging specific strengths and opportunities on each social platform. Strong copywriting skills and hands-on on understanding of social media content trends are crucial to the role.
ACCOUNTABITLITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Social Media Content Sourcing and Production
- Stay up to date on the latest content trends across platforms;
- Monitor incoming content packages to identify strong storylines for social media content, particularly for video production;
- Understand organizational priorities and key messages and find creative ways to turn them into social-friendly content;
- Regularly script, edit and produce social-first multimedia content (video, graphic, photo) specific to platforms;
- Develop and curate a content calendar that balances communications priorities, key messages, incoming content and social media best practices;
- Write social media copy and schedule organic posts on daily basis for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram;
- Find creative ways to rework the content for various platforms. Discover new angles, trends, and creative ‘hooks’;
- Support Data Analyst to enrich social media data by tagging all social media posts for reporting purposes
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
- Produce a range of multimedia assets on a regular basis;
- A balanced social media calendar in line with our 2023 platform strategy;
- Improved content workflows within the Social Team;
- Record of amplification of WFP content across owned digital platforms;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
University Degree with additional years of related work experience
At least 5 years of professional experience in social media content creation and channel management.
Knowledge & Skills:
Languages: Excellent knowledge of English (level C) is required. An intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is a plus.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 05th February 2023
Ref.: VA No. 251343
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.