Administrative and Finance Officer
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Mykolaiv
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Operations and Administrations
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: 2023-06-18
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
DRC has been operating in Ukraine for more than 10 years with emergency and durable solution interventions for assisting IDPs, returnees, Host communities, and conflict-affected populations. With the outbreak of the conflict in February 2022, DRC has shifted its programming to emergency response to meet the urgent needs of conflict-affected population in the country. Current DRC programming is focusing on protection activities such as protection monitoring, information dissemination, Individual protection assistance, and legal aid. DRC is also planning to add to the ongoing emergency protection response activities such as GBV prevention and response, Psychosocial support (PSS), and community-based protection.
In addition to protection programming, DRC is currently implementing Multipurpose Cash Assistance (MPCA), NFI and Food distributions, Shelter & WASH interventions, and Economic Recovery, Humanitarian Demining and Explosive Ordnance Risk Education. The organization counts with 6 offices in the country.
DRC Ukraine is looking for a highly qualified Administrative and Finance Officer for the office based in Mykolaiv.
Administrative and Finance Officer will provide overall finance and daily administrative functioning of the Base office to support the implementation of DRC program activities in the area of responsibility.
Transfers and payments
• Ensure all payments are made timely and in accordance with existing DRC forms
• Ensure all payments meet requirements of National Law and engage with authorities, tax advisors or other stakeholders to ensure tax requirements are met accordingly
• Ensure that payment documents comply with DRC internal financial procedures and donor regulations
• Ensure proper transfer of funds from DRC HQ in Copenhagen to country office
• Ensure all expenses enter the DRC Dynamics in time and of highest quality
• Ensure to update cashbooks on a daily basis to reflect the actual status of existing cash count and bank balance in all currencies
• Ensure all bank accounts statements are reconciled
• Ensure proper filing system for financial documents
Budget control, planning and reporting
• Develop and ensure the implementation of shared cost tools
• Liaise with Program Managers on regular budget monitoring
• Prepare and use budget control tools for regular budget follow up
• Prepare and assist in issuing donor reports
• Support the development of new proposals with financial information for budgeting
• Bi Weekly Cash Book
• Monthly financial report (with all supporting documentation attached to it)
• Reporting as required
• Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
We expect you to have at least 3 years of experience in experience in Finance and Administration area.
Required experience and competencies
- University degree in the related field or equivalent (Finance, Labor Economy, HR-Management, Personnel Management).
- Experience of work in INGO.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Ukrainian and Russian languages.
- Intermediate or Advanced English (speaking/reading/writing)
- Speech, couch and communication skills.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Accuracy in paper work.
- Competence to keep negotiations.
- Finance literacy.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Contract length: 6 months (3 months’ probation period) renewable depending on performance and available funding.
- Level: H - Non-manager
- Start date: ASAP
- Life and Health insurance
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 17 January 2023
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.