- Organization: WTO - World Trade Organization
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: Administrative support - Grade 4 - Support Staff - No need for Higher Education - Internationally recruited position
- Supply Chain
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: Closed
VN Category (INT / EXT / EOI):External
The recruitment policy of the WTO is to seek to attract and retain staff members offering the highest standards of competence, efficiency and integrity. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the WTO gives full regard to merit and diversity.
The Secretariat of the WTO is seeking to fill a position of Logistics Coordinator in the Logistics Unit of the Institute for Training and Technical Cooperation.
This is an Internal Vacancy Notice open to Grade 4 staff members on L posts.
L-posts are funded through extra-budgetary funds and the contract is renewed on a yearly basis with the possibility of extension up to a total of maximum four years, subject to availability of funds and incumbent's level of performance.
The Institute for Training and Technical Cooperation (ITTC) designs, coordinates and implements trade-related technical assistance activities. With support across the WTO Secretariat, the ITTC delivers specific technical assistance products as mandated by WTO members in the regularly updated Technical Assistance and Training Plans.
Reporting to the Head of Logistics Unit, the incumbent will work as part of a team at Logistics Unit, taking charge of organizing both the "face to face" and the "virtual" logistical support for Technical Assistance (TA) activities assigned to the incumbent, including the following functions:
1. Coordinate and initiate sending of invitations / reminders for all Technical Assistance activities, virtual and face-to-face, to Permanent Missions, Regional Secretariats, Specialized Agencies and Ministries.
2. Provide TA activity participants and other relevant stakeholders with the necessary information on virtual platform support, administrative, financial and logistical arrangements (e.g. sending virtual invitations, administering virtual test in advance, sending meeting room arrangements, accommodation, travel itineraries concerning face to face activities, etc.). For face-to-face TA activities, ensure flight bookings for the participants and external experts through the Travel Agency Carlson Wagonlit. Prepare official attestations, including attestations for virtual courses that may be required to facilitate this process.
3. Provide logistical support during the virtual training courses to ensure the smooth running of the activities (organize and update a virtual classroom for TA activities).
4. Follow up with distance course participants, speakers, interpreters, and WTO colleagues involved after courses are completed (e.g. performance evaluation forms (PEF)).
5. Cross-check final invoice/s from hotels with initially signed contracts and follow up on payments (e.g. per diem, terminal expenses, reimbursements, etc.) with the Finance Section and Swiss Bank.
6. Undertake any other tasks assigned by the Head of Unit.
Completion of secondary education.
Secretarial/administrative/office management qualifications will be considered an advantage.
Knowledge and Skills:
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
Good knowledge of virtual meeting technologies (i.e. Zoom, MS Teams).
Good knowledge of administrative, financial and logistical rules and procedures, preferably in a multilateral organization setting.
A good understanding of WTO Members, Observers, and other Institutions collaborating with the WTO.
Office management and administrative skills.
Excellent word processing skills; good level of Excel to be able to create tables and charts; good level of PowerPoint to be able to put together slides and align them to a set template.
Excellent organizational skills including ability to set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines.
Client service skills.
Tact and discretion. Confidentiality skills.
Problem solving skills and a solutions-oriented mindset.
Ability to relate to and build relationships with colleagues.
Ability to communicate information in a clear way and to understand information.
Ability to persuade others to a point of view using facts.
Ability to work as a member of a team, relating to others, while working independently to achieve his/her objectives.
Three to four years' relevant professional experience, preferably in international organizations.
Proficiency is required of English and French, to enable the incumbent to communicate clearly, accurately and concisely, orally and in written form (at a level corresponding or equivalent to a minimum of C1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)). Ability to understand and draft basic e-mails and respond to phone calls or queries in Spanish is also required.
Only applications from nationals of WTO Members will be accepted.
The recruitment process will be undertaken as per Administrative Memorandum No. 976 (OFFICE(16)/15) on Staff Promotions and external recruitment through Vacancy Notices.
For non-entry level positions, the position may be offered at a lower grade if the selected candidate does not fully meet all the required qualifications.
Should the successful candidate hold a regular or fixed-term contract under the regular WTO budget, the contractual status shall be changed to a one or two-year fixed-term contract in accordance with the contractual arrangement set out in the vacancy notice.
The WTO may use various communication technologies such as video or teleconference for the assessment and evaluation of candidates. The recruitment process may also involve the use of various forms of testing, assessment centres, interviews and reference checks.
Applicants may be required to sit a written examination.
Applicants will be contacted directly if selected for an interview.
Candidates not selected whose performance in the selection process nevertheless shows them to be suitable for a similar position may be kept on a roster for up to 24 months, and may subsequently be called upon as and when the need arises for additional resources.
Please note that the WTO employment offer is conditional on new employees confirming that they are fully vaccinated against Covid-19, except where a medical condition does not allow such vaccination (as certified by the WTO medical service). If you do not have access to vaccination in your place of origin, you may be vaccinated in Geneva during the onboarding process. The successful candidate will be asked to provide relevant evidence relating to this condition.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the closing date – Geneva (Switzerland) time – stated in the vacancy announcement.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
The WTO is a non-smoking environment.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: