Head of Talent Management
- Organization: CIMMYT - International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center
- Location: Mexico City
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Human Resources
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: Closed
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking an experienced, results-oriented Head of Talent Management. This position’s scope includes shaping and implementing strategies that will help CIMMYT attract, develop and retain high-performing employees. Head TM coordinates organization-wide efforts to ensure that management and quality improvement programs are further developed and focused on a set of priorities for improvement as per CIMMYT’s ongoing projects. The Head of Talent Management plays a critical role in contributing to and supporting the development, implementation, promotion, and monitoring of talent management solutions. To do so, the incumbent will work collaboratively with the HR Managers, C&B, Training, Recruitment, and other stakeholders to support deliverables related to Talent Management (TM) objectives. S/he maximizes the potential of those working within an organization, using workforce planning information to help identify critical talent, while supporting the retention and accelerated progression of staff capable of excelling.
The duty of post will be CIMMYT HQ in Texcoco, Mexico.
- Design and implementation of career development strategies globally, including tools and resources. Propose approaches, ideas, and business insight to HR leadership and the HR team to increase the effectiveness, reach, and visibility of career programs and help the organization respond to career and talent-related opportunities and demands.
- Work in collaboration with HR and Program leaders to plan, organize, and coordinate Centre-wide programs and activities (e.g., Annual Performance Review and Assessment Exercise, corporate learning and professional development offerings, position grades, staffing strategies, talent mapping, etc.).
- Design career paths to generate awareness of career progression opportunities and guide supervisors on career development policies/programs.
- Develop and implement staff development programs that are aligned with CIMMYT’s talent priorities.
- Develop effective workforce planning and succession planning business models.
- Conduct regular talent reviews to ensure succession planning for key positions and engaging talent in their career and developmental needs including training assessment and suggestions.
- Collect, analyze, and maintain data gathered to inform targeted leadership development (e.g., succession planning, contingency framework, etc.).
- Research and assist in the development of training programs that focus on enabling the workforce to improve and acquire better skills.
- Actively contribute to the enhancement of an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity, and competitive advantage in support of CIMMYT’s diversity and inclusion strategic plan.
- Ability to identify, create and use key metrics to monitor performance and identify and implement improvements.
- Guide and train HR team members on all talent management initiatives with particular emphasis on developing them into professional, advisory, accountability, customer-focused team, etc.
- Contribute to talent attractions campaigns and training efforts in collaboration with the recruitment and training functions.
- Develop and implement `inclusive’ resourcing solutions and techniques that attract more comprehensive, diverse groups and demographics into CIMMYT – support overall Gender, Diversity and Inclusion initiative
- Act as a subject matter expert to consult internal clients on career solutions, and propose data-based recommendations, leveraging the knowledge of CIMMYT’s policies and procedures, as well as related laws and regulations.
- Provide creative innovative resourcing ideas that maximize CIMMYT’s digital resourcing activities on different platforms and through social media channels
- Define and track key performance indicators and metrics to measure success and drive accountability. Continuously look for ways to simplify and drive process improvements and efficiencies.
Required qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- MBA or master’s degree in Human Resource Management/People Management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resource Management especially in talent management and HR development area.
- Experience in designing, developing, and supporting organization-wide talent management programs that cover performance management, talent development, coaching, succession planning, data analytics and relationship management.
- Hands-on experience implementing learning and development programs.
- Excellent team management skills.
- Previous experience in capturing metrics and producing various employment reports.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Able to integrate into a multicultural team and to work collaboratively across various functions in an uncertain, constantly-changing environment.
- Flexibility in taking up tasks outside of regular job responsibilities as required.
- The selected candidate should exhibit the following competencies: Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, Teamwork, Critical Thinking, Communication, and Team Leadership.
The position is for an initial fixed term of three (3) years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, car, comprehensive health, and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual home travel airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
Candidates must apply online for IRS22172_Head of Talent Management.
Screening and follow-up of applications will begin on Monday, February 6th, 2023. Applications must include a CV and a cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: