Result of Service
The efficient maintenance and repair of the UN-owned fleet of vehicles, assets and equipment returned to UNGSC for refurbishment.Work Location
Four (04) months.Duties and Responsibilities
The United Nations Global Service Centre (UNGSC) provides critical Supply Chain, Geospatial, Information and Telecommunications Technologies services and Training to all peacekeeping and special political missions around the world as well as to other UN Offices, Agencies Funds and Programs.
The United Nations Global Support Center (UNGSC) is seeking to hire an individual contractor for the refurbishment of equipment and vehicles returned from peacekeeping operations.
This position is located in the United Nations Global Service Centre, Brindisi, Italy within the Central Maintenance and Repair Unit (CMRU) of the Supply Chain Service.
The vehicle mechanic will work under the supervision of the Chief, Central Maintenance and Repair Unit (CMRU).
The individual contractor will be perform the following duties:
• Carries out pre-delivery inspections, routine maintenance and repairs of various vehicles and equipment models and types as per manufacturers specifications and standards.
• Assists in identifying, diagnosing and rectifying various mechanical and electrical faults on UN Owned vehicles and equipment.
• Carries out minor/major refurbishment tasks on vehicles and equipment under UN Reserve. Ensures that all relevant safety procedures are followed when repairing and fitting replacement components and parts.
• Conducts vehicle and equipment periodical testing and inspections on UN owned assets assigned to various inventories/units.
• Conducts preservation treatment duties and bodywork repairs.
• Produces reports to document all servicing and repairs.
• Assists with the identification of required parts.
• Performs any other related tasks as required.
High School diploma or equivalent is required.
• At least three (03) years of professional/technical experience in maintenance and repair of various types of motor vehicles and related equipment is required.
• Experience in the application of the guidelines and procedures relative to the safe operation of workshop equipment such as vehicles lifts, engine hoist and various other electrical, pneumatics and hydraulic equipment is required.
• Valid driving license type B is required.
• Valid driving license type C is desirable.
Technical or vocational certificate in mechanics or other related fields is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: