Graphic Designer Consultant
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and
encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information,
gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Type of Contract: Consultant level II
Division: CBT / Cash-Based Transfers Division
Duty Station (City, Country): Rome HQ, Italy
Duration: 11 months
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
WFP sends people money so they can choose how to fill their most urgent needs in local markets. Cash-Based Transfer (CBT) operations have grown in scale and complexity over the past decade to reach almost 40 percent of WFP’s budget. Simultaneously, communication needs in the unit have also grown to explain topics such as digital financial inclusion, ID management, and digital assurance to various audiences.
A full-time graphic designer is required to support the CBT communications team and the entire division. The designer will help create multimedia and creative, visually compelling materials. Strong emphasis is given to visual storytelling and placing the people that WFP serves at the centre of our communications. We want to portray people as powerful and independent, and the design of our communications materials needs to reflect this.
The graphic designer will also support the entire division to create materials for events, presentations, and reporting needs, helping showcase our CBT programmes to internal audiences, donors, and partners.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In close collaboration with the communications team and colleagues within the CBT Division, the designer will deliver visually compelling and innovative graphics for print, digital, and web-based media. Work will include designing infographics, videos, templates, banners, charts, and reports in line with WFP's corporate branding guidelines and CBT’s quality standards.
- Create animations and edit graphic videos as part of CBT’s multimedia communications needs.
- Provide support for events that require design production such as posters and brochures and other materials.
- Follow through the design process for printing needs, liaising with external parties for final production
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's University Degree in Graphic Design or any other relevant field.
At least 6-8 years of work experience in graphic design for print and digital media, with a strong portfolio that includes animations, Gifs, and communications materials
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent skills in Adobe’s Creative Suite that includes Acrobat, AI, PS, ID, XD, AE
- Strong animation, and experience creating graphics for videos.
- Proficient in Sketch and Figma for all the digital and graphic source files
- Strong, conceptual thinker who possesses a wide range of design capabilities including a solid background in print, branding, typography, retail graphics and web design experience.
- The ability to work well in teams and brainstorm on creative ideas to come to a team solution.
- Strong knowledge of current and emerging design trends with a creative flair, originality, and a strong visual sense
- Detail orientated designer who can make creative decisions.
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple priorities.
- The ability to create layouts and experience creating manuals, brochures and report
Fluency (level C) in English language is required. A second official United Nations language is desirable.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 27 January 2023
Ref.: VA No. 257843
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an
inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority.
Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ),
International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and
other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: