Business Intelligence (BI) Programmer/Analyst
THE OECD – Who we are, what we do
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is an international organisation comprised of 38 member countries, that works to build better policies for better lives. Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. Together with governments, policy makers and citizens, we work on establishing evidence-based international standards, and finding solutions to a range of social, economic and environmental challenges. From improving economic performance and creating jobs to fostering strong education and fighting international tax evasion, we provide a unique forum and knowledge hub for data and analysis, exchange of experiences, best-practice sharing, and advice on public policies and international standard-setting.
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTORATE (EXD)
The Executive Directorate (EXD) is the steward of OECD resources, on behalf of the Secretary-General. Our focus is on people and their wellbeing; the effective and efficient management of the budget; the safety and security of staff, Delegations, visitors, and of the OECD’s data; maintaining and sustaining physical and digital infrastructure; and enabling the convening power of the OECD through conferences, meetings and events, whether virtual, physical or hybrid. As well as providing corporate services, functions and management support to our staff and Members, we provide integrated, strategic and expert advice on corporate policies and management issues to the Secretary-General, to Council and to Standing Committees, to which we regularly report on corporate matters. We also provide compliance and risk management functions (for management areas under our purview). Ours is a fast-paced environment focused on delivering management excellence across all of our functions.
THE PROGRAMME, BUDGET AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SERVICE (EXD/PBF)
Within the Executive Directorate (EXD), the Programme, Budget and Financial Management Service (EXD/PBF), supports the Executive Director and the Office of the Secretary-General in framing of the OECD’s priorities, specifically in planning the biennial Programme of Work and Budget (PWB), the management of the Organisation’s financial resources, setting out financial and budget policies, co-ordinating the budget process, leading the end-to-end voluntary contribution management process, supervising the procurement function, ensuring the monitoring and accounting of all income and expenditure, hosting resource management activities and preparing the OECD's financial statements.
Within EXD/PBF, the Resource Management Systems Division (EXD/PBF/RMS), in line with the Service’s strategy to automate and digitalise financial operations and processes, makes the best use of new technologies and defines (together with the stakeholders) the digital strategy for the Organisation’s corporate tools.
EXD/PBF is looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Programmer/Analyst in the Reporting and Data Analytics Stream of the Resource Management Systems Division to participate in defining technical specifications, developing, implementing and supporting BI applications. The selected candidate will report to the BI Architect.
BI applications development
Develop, implement and support Business Intelligence applications for financial, HR and other corporate areas in terms of\:
- Extracting, transforming and loading data from ERPs, SQL server, APIs,
- Modelling data marts in the Data Warehouse,
- Modelling and developing planning applications,
- Designing roles and authorizations for data access,
- Building operational reports and dashboards.
- Take part in reviewing business needs and defining BI solutions, including improving existing ones, in close collaboration with business owners and client Directorates, using standard methodologies.
- Participate in defining project plans and managing the project life cycle, ensuring timely production of stage deliverables.
- Verify accuracy of data, and maintain and support the data warehouse. Provide consistent, standardized and integrated data. Coordinate and/or perform testing of system modifications. Manage non regression tests to validate new releases of SAP BI software.
- Assume day-to-day monitoring of the BI platform. Tune and measure the report and modeling performance.
- Establish and review procedures to ensure the availability, optimal functioning, integrity and security of the Business Intelligence platform. Prepare and maintain corresponding documentation for operating procedures, data and work flows, user processes and system controls.
Co-ordination, Collaboration and Support
- Co-ordinate the technical support and evolution of existing SAP BI applications, with the first level support teams and other team members.
- Participate in the definition of BI implementation, upgrade and technology strategies.
- Prepare and maintain end-user documentation, on-line help, promotion and training material.
- Contribute to horizontal working groups as necessary.
- Flexibility to undertake other related tasks as required.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- A university degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- A minimum of four years’ proven experience analysing business needs and implementing SAP BI solutions.
- A minimum of two years’ proven relevant project experience, full implementation cycle.
- Proven ability to interact with information technology specialists, both internal and external, to acquire knowledge and skills and find solutions to specific problems.
- Proven experience developing innovative solutions for business needs, demonstrating the ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to analyse data rigourously, to digest and transform it into sharp and straightforward reports and visuals for varied audiences.
- Taste for hands-on and result-oriented activities, data-driven and evidence-based mindset, strong interest in innovation and new technologies.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and proven experience in SAP BW.
- Experience in SAP BW/4HANA would be an advantage.
- Proven experience in SAP planning solutions, SAP Data Services, SAP Business Objects would be an advantage.
- Functional knowledge of one or more SAP finance related modules would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerBI and digital innovations such as predictive analytics will be an asset.
- Experience in managing SAP users, authorizations, and profiles.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French) and a knowledge of, or a willingness to learn, the other.
- Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important\: Achievement focus, Analytical thinking, Teamwork, Client focus, Drafting skills.
- Please refer to the level 2 indicators of the OECD Core Competencies.
- Two-year fixed term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
- Monthly base salary starting from 4,939 EUR, plus allowances based on eligibility, exempt of French income tax.
- Please note the appointment may be made at a lower grade based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant.
- Click here to learn more about what we offer and why the OECD is a great place to work.
- Click here to browse our People Management Guidebook and learn more about all aspects relating to people at the OECD, our workplace environment and many other policies supporting staff in their daily life.
For retained candidates, screening is foreseen in February and panel interviews are planned for March.
Please note that our Rules and Regulations stipulate that the mandatory retirement age is 65.
The OECD is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates [who are nationals of OECD member countries], irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.
The OECD promotes an optimal use of resources in order to improve its efficiency and effectiveness. Staff members are encouraged to actively contribute to this goal.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: