Health, Safety and Security Technical Assistant Ukraine Dnipro
NRC in Ukraine
The Norwegian Refugee Council has been present in Ukraine since 2014, helping more than 700,000 people with food, shelter, water, sanitation, and legal assistance. The rapid change of situation in February 2022 during which the whole of Ukraine became affected by the conflict required a significant scale-up of emergency programmes. Today NRC is providing support to people affected by armed conflict and those fleeing in search of safety.
Prior to the escalation in armed conflict in February, NRC’s operations focused on government-controlled areas (GCA) of the Donbas Region (Luhansk and Donetsk Oblasts). Following the February 2022 invasion, NRC has implemented a temporary relocation of NRC’s staff and operations to Central and Western Ukraine. NRC will continue to support populations in the East through our office in Dnipro with emergency, life-saving food, NFI and emergency shelter assistance to people trapped in hot zones. In the West, NRC established area offices in Lviv and Ternopil, with the country office based in Kyiv. Additionally, NRC is looking to establish additional field offices in the north and east of the country. The Western response will focus on assisting people on the move with cash and ICLA services and provide multi-sectoral support to key transit points. The Eastern response is focusing on the provision of shelter assistance, ICLA, livelihoods and food security, WASH, and protection assistance.
We are seeking highly qualified, resilient, dynamic professionals to respond to Ukraine crisis and support people in Ukraine.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
Purpose of the role
The role of the Health, Safety and Security Assistant (HSSA) is to assist the HSS Coordinator (HSSC) and the HSS Manager (HSSM) in conducting all Health Safety and Security (HSS) related tasks at Ukraine Country Office (LCO) inclusive Area Offices (AO) and Field Offices (FO).
The HSSA shall participate in the below listed generic and specific tasks with an aim to ensure that all NRC staff in Ukraine have access and support that is required for HSS related documents.
What you will do
- Participate and assist in the production of all HSS related documents for LCO and FO
- Assist in the management and development of security staff in country
- Assist in the production of Security Risk Assessments at CO and AO level
- Assist in the production of Country Security Reports
- Assist in the control of country security packs
- Assist in the updating of all relevant HSS documents at CO and AO level
- Prepare reports as required
- Conduct physical verifications or all HSS related equipment
- Support AO and FO as required during leave and high intensity operations
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
Specifically you will;
- Assist in the production of the country weekly/daily security report
- Control and inspect all HSS equipment that has been distributed in country
- Participate in the production of Rapid Security Risk Assessments
- Participate in the production of full Security Risk Assessments inclusive workshops
- Control and inspect all medical equipment issued in country
- Participate in the training of staff on HSS topics
- Update and control the online security package for CO and AO
- Update and control the content of the Ukraine CO online files and reports at AELA
- Participate in capacity building as directed by the HSS Coordinator and HSS Manager to maintain an in-house capacity on HSS related trainings
- Produce timely and accurate training reports based on HSS training conducted in country
- Participate or individually carry in internal security audits as instructed by HSS Coordinator and HSS Manager
- Regularly oversee and control the security briefing protocols for CO and AO
- Manage and monitor movements
- Update and manage the HSS budget as per HSS Manager instructions
- Conduct any other tasks as directed by the HSS Coordinator
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a HSS related position
- Desirable experience in law enforcement or military
- Ability to liaise with law enforcement agencies, military organizations and local administrations
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a rapidly changing work environment
- Previous experience from working with documents that require verification and control
- Good coordination and control skills
- Background in implementation and training for HSS related work
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian, both written and verbal is essential
- Solid knowledge of situation in Ukraine
- Proficiency in office 365 and on-line related platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with solid knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge about Geographic Information System (GIS) is an asset
- Proficiency in the use of phone applications like WhatsApp
- Knowledge about Geographic Information System (GIS) or other mapping softwares
- Knowledge of radio communications is essential
- Experience as Duty Officer is a strong advantage
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- Working with people
What We Offer
This position is open for Ukranian Nationals Only
We offer an opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause and a chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the people we exist to serve, and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be screened on a rolling basis and interviews will be assigned instantly until a suitable candidate is selected.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: