Finance Coordinator for The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria (Indonesian Ministry of Health's Position) - (For Indonesian Nationality Only)
The Global Fund is an international financial institution dedicated to raising and distributing funds for AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria programs. This non-profit organization partners with governments, communities, the private sector and affected communities. Since its establishment in 2002, The Global Fund has contributed a lot in supporting AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria prevention programs. The Global Fund has allocated USD 22.6 billion for more than 1000 ATM programs in 150 countries. Currently The Global Fund ATM Component TB as a partner of the Directorate General of P2P Ministry of Health is opening a vacancy for Finance Coordinator position.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepare submissions for:
a. Funding request
- Review the financial terms of reference (TOR) for budget submissions, in relation to new grant-making activities.
- Review the unit cost used for the proposed budget plan related to the new grant funds.
- Collaborate with the Program Manager (PM), Program Management Unit Coordinator (PMUC) and the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation work unit to estimate the budget
b. Budget adjustment (reprogramming)
- Report the absorption of funding and cooperate with the Program Manager (PM), Program Management Unit Coordinator (PMUC) and the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation work unit to determine the budget which is not absorbed (saving) as a reference for submitting new programs (reprogramming).
2. Responsibility to the implementation of Financial and Accounting governance in accordance with the requirements and references from donors and the Government of Indonesia, carry out cash management to ensure the availability and use of project activity funds, including:
- Monitor incoming and outgoing funds from donors for project activities.
- Ensure all outgoing funds for project activities, accordance to the budget approved by the donor and/or the Government of Indonesia and supported the documents related with their designation.
3. Ensuring and review the project financial reports by the Finance team according to applicable standards and the stipulated time frame, consisting of reports to:
a. Global Fund
- Monthly: consolidation the general ledger; bank reconciliation; petty cash; advance payment register; commitments and obligations; trial balance and income statement
- Quarterly: cash report; list eligible; list prepayment; list accrued expenses.
- Semester: Progress Update (PU)
- Annually: Progress Update/Disbursement Request (PU/DR); tax report.
- Other reports determined by the Global Fund.
b. Liaison with Government of Indonesia
- Monthly: monthly realization to the Program and Information section; monthly account balance to KPPN; general ledger.
- Quarterly: grant implementation to Information Program section-annexes 7 & 8.
- Annually: Revision of the Budget Implementation Entry List (DIPA) accompanied by a summary of the grant agreement text; Letter of Approval of Foreign Grants (authorization of expenditures, validation of goods, services); securities (BJS); Work Plan and Budget of Ministries/Agencies.
- Other reports determined by regulations/legislation issued by the authorized Ministry/Institution.
4. Ensuring that the financial and accounting processes follow SOPs, regulations from the Government of Indonesia and GF:
- Ensuring the implementation of financial transactions according to regulations.
- Ensuring financial transactions are assigned to the appropriate budget line.
- Ensuring financial transactions are free from fraud (free of fraud).
- Provide information to PMUC regarding possible conflicts of interest within the scope of its responsibilities.
5. PR supervision activities to SR:
- Annual financial supervision plan based on the Grant Risk Assessment Management (GRAM) tools.
- Ensure the visitation of IC to SR according to the supervision plan.
- Ensure that IC makes a report on supervision visits.
- Ensure supervision reports are sent to and signed by each SR.
- Provide guidance on aspects related to project finance at national meetings.
- Provide feedback on the results of supervision to SR
6. Assisting internal and external audits:
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors for schedules and field visits as well as required documents.
- Coordinate with relevant parties needed in the framework of carrying out audits in the financial sector, including the preparation of supporting files/documents in the financial sector and monitoring the use of funds managed by PR and SR.
- Provide oversight of all supporting files/documents at the request of the auditor.
- Follow up on recommendations on internal and external audit findings for PR and SR levels.
7. Representing the Project Management Unit in fostering good relations with other parties, especially related to finance, including but not limited to tax authorities, banking, and others.
8. Supervise the team and hold regular meetings with the team.
9. Ensure performance evaluation assessments for teams are carried out according to established procedures and deadlines.
10. Perform other tasks given by the Leader.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor of Degree in Accounting with a minimum GPA of 3.00 (from a scale of 4.00); preferable master’s degree in Accounting / Management.
- Professionally qualified of CA/ACCA/CPA/CMA certification.
- Minimum 10 (Ten) years work experience in the field of Accounting/Finance or 5 years work experience as a Leader or Managerial level (preferably experienced in international donor organizations or NGOs).
- Experience on implementing, using and super-user over the ERP system
- High Level Fluency in Both Indonesian and English (oral and written)
- High level computer Skill, Microsoft Office/excel and access email/internet properly.
- Highly motivated, independent, ability to work in a team, analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to prepare work plans, presentation materials and reporting well.
- Ability to adapt in a new work environment, multi-culture, under pressure with a tight deadline and always be challenged to learn new things.
- Willing to travel (Official Trips) around provinces and districts/cities.
- Maximum age of 45 years.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: