Health Safety and Security Manager Moldova Chisinau
Duties and responsibilities
The Health, Safety and Security Manager will support the country office to ensure compliance with NRC HSS minimum standards and in reducing the overall risk on NRC operations across the country.
Detailed Job Description can be accessed here
- In coordination with the HSS staff in the region, monitor and analyze the context (overall security situation, risks, and most likely scenarios), ensuring reliable security information as basis for informed decision-making.
- Work with management to ensure that the relevant mitigation measures are in place in the field and within our processes to reduce risks to an acceptable level
- Work with management to ensure that all staff give their informed consent based on briefing upon arrival and that updates are regularly shared on security situations
- Ensure that Duty of Care (DoC) HSS standards are uphold at all times and that corrective measures are implemented when weaknesses are identified in collaboration with HR.
- Work with the CMG on emergency preparedness as it pertains to programmes, providing oversight and technical support regarding security and emergency evacuations.
- As a key member of the Crisis Management Team, provide sustained support to operational teams and management during an incident.
- Contribute to improve and facilitate humanitarian access for NRC operations across Ukraine by providing technical support on tools and strategies, ensuring capacity building for field staff and supporting AM and programme / support staff in managing access related incidents.
- Act as HSS Operations Department lead, establishing department objectives, directly managing HSS staff at CO level and ensuring coordination, harmonized systems and regular exchanges across the CO and AO.
- Support Partnership Coordinator in ensuring NRC’s partners have solid HSS management system in place also conducting capacity building activities when relevant.
- Facilitate on ongoing culture of learning as it relates to health, safety and security and arrange for ongoing trainings including HEAT, on-site training, etc. in line with NRC policies.
- Network, communicate and cooperate with relevant external HSS actors and pursue and develop relationships with a variety of stakeholders to increase and maintain humanitarian access.
- Contribute to NRC’s Risk Management process supporting Risk & Compliance Coordinator and other Risk Owners in identifying, assessing and managing organizational risks.
- Representing NRC in HSS working groups.
Required skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Security Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
What we offer
- Duty Station: Chisinau, Republic of Moldova (also covering Romania)
- Contract Duration: International, 12 months
- Travel 50%
- Salary: Grade 9 in NRC’s Salary Scale. NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Due to the large volume of applications anticipated, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All applications should be submitted in English.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: