Business Support Assistant (Facilities) G4, Regional Bureau in Cairo
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
|JOB TITLE:||Business Support Assistant (Facilities)|
|TYPE & LEVEL OF CONTRACT:||Fixed Term, GS-4|
|DUTY STATION (City, Country):||Regional Bureau in Cairo (RBC), Cairo, Egypt|
|REPORT TO:||Administration Officer|
|DURATION OF CONTRACT:||1 year, renewable|
Note: Egyptian nationals/citizens or candidates with valid Egyptian work permit / residency are eligible to apply. This vacancy will also be used to build a roster of qualified candidate at higher/lower grades in WFP Regional Bureau Cairo.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP’s Regional Bureau for the Middle East and Northern Africa (RBC), based in Cairo, Egypt, provides strategic guidance, policy/technical support and direction to WFP operations and activities in 16 countries: Algeria, Armenia, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, State of Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine and Yemen. These country offices aim to assist roughly one-third of all of WFP’s beneficiaries (approx. 30 million) in some of the most critical humanitarian emergencies of our time. RBC is also active in the ‘Changing Lives’ side of WFP’s mandate, helping national governments and local communities improve nutrition, livelihoods, school feeding, social protection, climate and disaster risk reduction and other programmes that build resilience and support development.
WHY WORK AT WFP?
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES ❤
Make a difference, the world will notice.
We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
GLOBAL COMMUNITY 🌍
Build bridges that unite people across the world.
Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
How we deliver our mission in a deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES 💡
Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find.
WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐
Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely to find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference
Watch this video to know more about us!!
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Take responsibility for data integrity and for having complete set of soft and hard files, trackers and reports, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently up to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback, and ensure customer satisfaction through direct customer interaction and provision of timely and quality service to clients.
- Act as a focal point for creating purchase orders and purchase requisitions using WFP corporate systems.
- Act as a focal point for entering and updating real estate management data using WFP corporate systems.
- Inspect the conditions of the premises, including daily patrolling, and suggest areas for improvement and coordinate actions as necessary.
- Follow up on maintenance’s contracts, supervise inhouse contractors and monitor technical inspections and monthly maintenance visits.
- Organize storage rooms, archives and hard files and act as a storekeeper.
- Assist during refurbishment and renovation projects in the premises.
- Assist in identifying new suppliers in the areas of work, obtain quotations and finalize selection of suppliers in accordance with WFP procurement rules and regulations.
- Follow up on the timely submission of suppliers’ invoices and act as a focal point for invoices’ match on WFP corporate systems.
- Perform other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education, preferably supplemented by a university degree in Business/Public Administration, Commerce, Management or any other related field.
- Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in facilities management is required.
- Previous experience with ERP systems is required.
- Previous UN experience or international experience is an asset.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Office.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- High attention to details and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention
Language: Fluency in both English and Arabic is required.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline to apply for this position is Saturday, 28 January 2023 (11:59 PM Cairo Time).
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: