Country Health, Safety and Security (HSS) Manager Burkina Faso Ouagadougou
In 2019, NRC opened a joint Burkina Faso – Niger operation NRC as one country program, with staff dedicated to assisting people affected by conflict. NRC’s humanitarian interventions are based on its programming expertise in the Core Competencies of Shelter, Education, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Livelihoods and Food Security, along with Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) to vulnerable displaced people that were forced to flee as well as in host communities.
The humanitarian crisis in the Sahel continues to grow. Endemic poverty, climate change, violence, chronically high food insecurity and malnutrition drive extreme levels of vulnerability. In conflict-affected regions, civilians are facing a dramatic protection crisis.
As humanitarian needs have increased and NRC’s programme portfolio continues to grow, the joint Burkina Faso – Niger operation will be split to have two country offices in 2023 (NRC Burkina Faso and NRC Niger).
The purpose of the Country HSS Manager is to be responsible that Health, Safety and Security set up is according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation.
Roles and responsibilities
Some of the roles and responsibilities include:
- Development and implementation of the NRC Security Management System at national level
- Ensure the implementation of minimum infrastructure standards in collaboration with Logistics and Administration departments
- Conduct Security Risk Analysis (SRA) according to minimum operational requirements (MOSS)
- Minimize security risks to the operations of NRC
- Provide Country management group (CMG) with strategic advice based on changes to the context
- Management of security staff at country office
- Support, training, control and development of security staff in all offices
- Develop and share with Country Office (CO) and Regional Office (RO) country weekly security context report
- Train and develop staff in safety and security
- Serve as Country Office Health management focal person
- Monitor and assess Security service providers performance
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working in security in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Knowledge of the context in Burkina Faso or Central Sahel countries
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in both French & English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
Please access the full job description here
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility. At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
What we offer:
- 12 months fixed term contract
- Grade 9 in NRC scale
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 27/01/2023
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site.
Kindly send any questions that you may have in relation to the application process to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject. Applications sent via email will not be accepted. Please check your application status on your NRC application profile.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: