International Consultant – Program Coordinator and Resources Mobilizer
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women’s goal in Timor-Leste is to promote the women’s human rights and gender equality as the country works towards sustaining and furthering achievements in stability and development. In this regard, its programming in the country is focused on four priority areas: enhancing women’s economic empowerment; ending violence against women; engaging women in all aspects of peace and security processes as well as disaster response and preparedness; and strengthening monitoring and reporting against national and international gender equality commitments, mainstreaming gender across national development planning and budgeting processes. UN Women also coordinates and promotes the UN system’s joint work in advancing gender equality, namely through the UN Gender Theme Group and with the Secretary of State for the Support and Socio-economic Promotion of Women (SEM) through the Gender Equality Coordination Group.
UN Women is working to ensure that women and girls contribute to and have greater influence in building sustainable peace and resilience, and benefit equally from conflict and disaster prevention and response. UN Women supports the Government of Timor-Leste and engage civil
In this regard, UN Women Timor-Leste seeks to recruit an international consultant to provide technical support on the Resource Mobilization to the country office
Duties and Responsibilities
The overall objectives of the consultancy assignment is to provide technical support to the implementation of the resources mobilisation strategies and initiative. The International Consultant will be based in Dili during the entire period of the assignment, and may be required to travel to other municipalities if needed.
- Scope of Work/Duties and Responsibilities
Under overall guidance and direct supervision of the UN Women Head of Office, the consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Technical support on the implementation of, country office resource mobilization strategies and initiatives
- Support the development and implementation of differentiated, donor fund-raising strategies, aligned and coordinated with country-level activities initiatives and outreach activities;
- Develop targeted products and initiatives to mobilize programmatic resources and attract additional donors’ funding;
- Gather information on project/programmes pipelines and corresponding resource needs through close collaboration with country-based counterparts;
- Provide technical support to the development of project proposals in line with the UN Women’s strategy and the interest of donors;
- Support the development of frontier gender programming in the country, including (but not limited to) Gender and Technology & AI, Gender Migration Risk Awareness, Women’s Economic Empowerment & Enabling of Women’s Entrepreneurship and Access to the Labor market and participation in the Labor Force;
- Developing and implementing solid frameworks for gender specific data collection and analysis
- Conduct ad-hoc donor studies, research, and other activities to identify funding opportunities; update the resources mobilization strategy as needs emerge.
- Preparing and leading advocacy initiatives
- Techincal support on the effective relationships with donors
- Provide technical support to the Head of Office in the preparation of missions, meetings and other consultations with donors, including the preparation of notes, briefs and other materials;
- Act as a direct entry point for donors, building institutional relationships;
- Provide regular updates on donor profiles, databases (e.g. contacts management) and donor intelligence;
- Identify opportunities to secure additional non-core resources;
- Provide technical support to the drafting, review and preparation of brief funding proposals and concept notes, where appropriate.
- Provide advice and support to strengthen internal resource mobilization capacity
- Advise and support UN Women Country Office on resource mobilization strategy and its implementation
- Monitor emerging issues that could affect partnerships and resource contributions at the national or regional levels (risk management).
4. Support Strategic partnerships and resource mobilization
- Contribute to updating the office’s partnerships and resources mobilization strategy to achieve programme outcomes within the areas assigned;
- Conduct and present analysis and research of information on donors;
- Preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation;
- Identification of opportunities for cost-sharing. Follow up on resource on mobilization activities for fund-raising for new projects, in coordination with the UN Women Head of Office.
- Duration of the assignment
The total duration of the contract assignment will be 12 months, between 6 February 2023 and 5 February 2024.The consultancy in mainly based in Dili, with official mission to municipalities if necessary.
- Expected Deliverables
The International Consultant is expected to submit monthly reports on:
- Technical support provided to the implementation of the resource mobilisation strategies and initiatives;
- Technical support on the effective relationships with donors;
- Technical advice and support to strengthen internal resource mobilization capacity;
- Techincal Support Strategic partnerships and resource mobilization;
- Technical inputs into concept notes, proposals, background briefs;
- Development of proposals based on the guidance from the Head of Office;
- Briefs capturing lessons learned, good practices, and challenges related to implementation of the RM strategies and initiatives;
- Reports on technical support and capacity strengthening support on programmes development and implementation;
- Technical inputs into UN Women’s workplans and related areas including coordination in relevant programme areas.
All the documents, including the project proposal, training materials and reports should be written in English.
Upon receipt of the deliverables and prior to the payment of the installment, the deliverables, related reports and documents will be reviewed and approved by UN Women within one week of submission.
- The consultant will cover the cost of international travel.
- The consultant is expected to work remotely using her/his own computer, but may access the UN Women office for printing of relevant documents or should he/she be required to work on-site at any point during the assignment.
- UN Women will cover the cost of translation and printing of training materials and training venue as required throughout the duration of the assignment. UN Women will also cover the cost of travel and DSA for the travel to other municipalities out of Dili.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
Leading by Example Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf
- Strong commitment to gender equality and the empowerment of women, with demonstrated experience of researching or working on gender issues;
- Strong research and writing skills, with strong analytical skills and creative thinking;
- Ability to think and work logically and work precisely with attention to detail;
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Previous experience (also volunteer experience) from the non-profit sector is an advantage.
- Ability to multi-task and address competing priorities
- Ability to produce quality deliverables in a timely manner
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Power Point
Required Skills and Experience
Contractor’s performance will be evaluated based on: timeliness, responsibility, initiative, communication, accuracy, and quality of the products delivered.
IIX. Required experience and qualifications
The consultant should fulfill the following requirements:
- A Master’s degree in gender studies, humanitarian affairs, human rights, social science and/or any relevant field directly related to gender and humanitarian action or A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Experience and skills
- Minimum two years of progressively responsible, relevant work experience at national or international level in design, planning, management, implementation and/or monitoring of development or disaster risk reduction projects & women peace and security programmes relating to gender equality; A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- Technical experience in gender-responsive DRR, prevention, preparedness and resilience building and , with demonstrated experience coordinating with governments and civil society;
- Experience writing project proposals, donor reports, and policy briefs;
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset;
- Working experience in Asia-Pacific, particularly Timor-Leste, is an asset;
- Knowledge of Timor-Leste’s context or experience in the country would be an added advantage.
Language and other skills
- Excellent command of written English.
- Ability to communicate in Tetum would be an added advantage
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use office technology equipment, IT tools, ability to use Internet and email.
Interested candidates are requested to submit electronic application to UNDP Job Site no later than 26 January 2023
Submission of package
- Cover letter & Copy of the latest academic certificate
- CVs or P11, including contact information for 3 references;
- Financial proposal. The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount per month and/ or the daily professional fee in USD and other related admin & travel costs.
Please note that the submission package needs to be uploaded in one file/ document to UNDP Job site
Selected candidates will need to submit prior to commencement of work:
- UN Women P-11 form, available here from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment
- A statement from a medical doctor of ‘good health and fit for travel’.
- For any travel outside of Dili, UN Women will require the consultant to provide the certificate proving completion of BSafe training (see trip.dss.un.org).
Applications will be evaluated based on the Cumulative analysis.
- Technical Qualification (100 points) weight; [70%]
- Financial Proposal (100 points) weight; [30%]
A two-stage procedure is utilised in evaluating the proposals, with evaluation of the technical proposal being completed prior to any price proposal being compared. Only the price proposal of the candidates who passed the minimum technical score of 70% of the obtainable score of 100 points in the technical qualification evaluation will be evaluated.
Technical qualification evaluation criteria:
The total number of points allocated for the technical qualification component is 100. The technical qualification of the individual is evaluated based on following technical qualification evaluation criteria:
Technical Evaluation Criteria
Experience and skills
Language and other skills
Total Obtainable Score
Only the candidates who have attained a minimum of 70% of total points will be considered as technically-qualified candidate.
Financial/Price Proposal evaluation:
- Only the financial proposal of candidates who have attained a minimum of 70% score in the technical evaluation will be considered and evaluated.
- The total number of points allocated for the price component is 100.
- The maximum number of points will be allotted to the lowest price proposal that is opened/ evaluated and compared among those technical qualified candidates who have attained a minimum of 70% score in the technical evaluation. All other price proposals will receive points in inverse proportion to the lowest price.
Payments for this consultancy will be based on the achievement of each deliverable and certification that each has been satisfactorily completed. Payments will not be based on the number of days worked but on the completion of each stated deliverable within the indicated timeframes.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: