Talent Pipeline for Human Resources Specialist (Coach)
station | Field
Are you passionate about coaching and leadership development? Would you like to support IAEA’s managers and teams to work effectively and contribute to the safe, secure, and peaceful use of nuclear technologies? If so, this is an exciting opportunity for you
At the IAEA, we are looking to create a talent pool of Coaches to support the development of IAEA managers and leaders. As a Coach, you will support the personal development of mid and senior-level managers and teams.
For individual coaching, you will focus on tactical problem solving while building the manager’s capacity to understand and embrace team working principles and new ways of thinking as a natural part of their leadership role. For team coaching, you will focus on enabling team members to work and perform effectively with each other and improve the leader’s aptitude to manage others.
As a Coach, you may perform some of the following tasks\:
- Provide coaching services, virtually or in-person, for IAEA mid and senior-level managers as and when requested.
- Provide individual coaching sessions based on the 360-degree assessment report with feedback to give managers insights into their strengths and developmental needs.
- Conduct team coaching sessions for groups of leaders to support the exchange of ideas and finding solutions in collaboration with other managers.
- Support managers in developing their action plans towards strengthening their managerial skills.
- Provide remedial coaching for individuals assessed by the Agency as failing to meet the expectations in their role as a leader and needing significant improvement.
- Provide coaching for general or specific purposes as requested.
To apply for this position, you must have the following\:
- A first level degree in a related field.
- Coaching certification from a leading coaching association (ICF, EMCC, Association for Coaching, ECA and EASC).
- At least five years of relevant hands-on experience in individual and team coaching.
- At least six years of managerial experience in a relevant industry.
- At least 300 hours of client coaching experience, from which at least 100 hours must be in team coaching in multicultural environments in the last five years.
- Proven experience in coordinating the administration and implementation of online 360-degree assessments with evidence of a monitoring and evaluation approach to the coaching experience.
- Proven experience in promptly reporting the number and type of coaching sessions to track real-time progress in numbers.
- Experience in maintaining a quality assurance plan and mechanism to ensure consistently high-quality coaching.
- Excellent project management and negotiation skills with a demonstrable ability to provide exceptional client service in a multicultural context.
- Excellent collaboration skills with effective relationship-building and analytical skills.
If you are selected, the duration of activities where you may be engaged may vary from one-half day to multiple interventions over several weeks. Your activities will be designed and delivered on a case-by-case basis either home-based or in-person according to the identified needs. The IAEA does not guarantee any minimum of workdays under any contract which is offered. The remuneration may be a daily fee up to 300 EUR.
Applications from qualified women and candidates from developing countries are encouraged
Applicants should be aware that IAEA personnel are international civil servants and may not accept instructions from any other authority. The IAEA is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. As part of the United Nations common system, the IAEA subscribes to the following core ethical standards (or values)\: Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for diversity. The IAEA retains the discretion not to make any appointment to this vacancy, to make an appointment at a lower grade or with a different contract type, or to make an appointment with a modified job description than indicated above. Testing may be part of the recruitment process.