ICT Assistant (G4)
Chişinău | Mol
The incumbent provides IT Help desk support to Mission users in Chisinau, Tiraspol and Bender. The incumbent also assists and when required backstops and supports the maintenance of communication services and communication infrastructures (including satellite and radio communication). The incumbent shall report to the CFA and Senior ICT assistant on all ICT related issues.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under direct supervision of the CFA and guidance from Senior ICT Assistant an incumbent:
- Acting as first point of contact for day-to-day activities related to ICT. In coordination with ICT Senior Assistant responds to requests for assistance from users and inputs and categorise the calls into a database. Maintaining accurate log entries of requests with fault details and solutions. If necessary, searching documentation and previous requests for assistance on related topics to find solution in the most effective way. Visits staff offices for verification and solving of problems;
- In coordination with Senior ICT Assistant testing new software and hardware products; prior to installation for users. Configuring and installing new computers and networks in the LAN environment and redistributing existing equipment. This includes configuration of Windows workstations, LAN printers, scanners, etc. Performs workstation testing after deployment at end-user workspace; briefs user on basic operation and handling. Ensures smooth operation, maintenance, upgrade, and repair of the Mission ICT equipment;
- Managing proper configuration of file/print servers of the Mission. In case of technical irregularities ensuring repair of the servers and troubleshooting. Regularly performs back-up of the Mission servers, ensure all data is stored in reserve. Conducting period recovery test. Assisting users with restoring of documents from backups and archives. Assisting users in organizing video/voice conferences connection. Assisting, advising and training mission members in using all installed PC applications. Performing short training sessions on the use of satellite and radio equipment if necessary. Registering end-users in the file/print server of the Mission, maintaining and supporting their profiles, and coordinating with Central ICT Service Desk in Secretariat to create users account for corporate applications;
- Checking and arranging proper maintenance of satellite and radio communication equipment of the Mission and its Offices;
- Maintaining ICT equipment pools, ensuring and tracking equipment handover.
- Performing other duties as required. May be called to drive official vehicles
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission to Moldova, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-moldova.
- Secondary education or technical school combined with formal professional training in IT and communication technologies;
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) Certification in one of the one of the following areas: MCDST, MCSA or Microsoft Office Specialist is a strong asset;
- Any other Microsoft Certifications can be also considered;
- minimum 3 years Help Desk or Network Administration experience within an ISP or Internet company;
- Established working knowledge of the following operating systems/applications: Windows 2008/2012 server, Windows 7/8/10, MS Office, Anti-virus and information security solutions; and of major networking components, network operating systems and basic computer hardware components;
- Working knowledge of basic Internet technologies e.g. TCP/IP,FTP, etc.;
- Working experience and skills in Unix/Linux are desirable;
- Hands on knowledge of the procedures used in the installation, modification maintenance and repair of IT hardware and software troubleshooting;
- Knowledge or familiarity with satellite and radio communication equipment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and Russian in addition to local language;
Monthly remuneration is EUR 554.75, OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Moldova. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: