HR Coordinator (Re - Advertised)
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Human Resources
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: Closed
Title: HR Coordinator (Re - advertised)
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Employment Category: G1
Salary Range: USD 1,001 – 1217 per month which specific amount will be determined up on candidates experience and educational relevancy
Reporting To: HR and Admin Manager
Start of Contract & Duration: December 31, 2023
Posting date: January 13, 2023
Required Employee: 1
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender-based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Human Resource Coordinator will be working to support the HR team in Addis and in Field Locations, Managers, and staff in Ethiopia under the direction of the HR and Administration Manager. The Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for technical aspects of human resource management of the DRC Ethiopia Office and ensures timely support on rules and regulations and generally, that staff understands internal regulations as well as disciplines.
HR Policy development: working with the HR and Administration Manager, make sure that DRC HR policy is revised every year and ensure implementation in a fair, consistent and transparent manner across Ethiopia offices:
- In consultation with the HR and Administration Manager, develop, coordinate and implement HR policies and procedures.
Performance and Development Process: Ensure performance management is implemented effectively, monitored, and evaluated across the country:
- Make sure that the DRC performance and development system is implemented as per the policy of the DRC.
- Ensure annual appraisals are done for staff as per the annual schedule.
- Conduct training on performance and development processes so as to assist staff and management understand the process and complying with the rules and procedures.
- Advise managers and staff members to use internal staff development opportunities and create awareness of the Learning Catalogue of DRC.
- Maintain a database of training attended by staff.
Staff Orientation and Induction:
- Make sure that all newly hired staff get proper orientation in the first week of their employment
- Update the induction packages of the DRC Ethiopia office
- Organize countrywide induction twice a year and make sure that all staff get proper induction
Compliance verification: Ensure that all DRC offices in Ethiopia comply with all necessary national, DRC, and donor regulations:
- Perform HR internal audits and reviews as required.
- Conduct visits to the various field offices to ensure compliance with HR policy and procedures (personnel files, contracts, etc) are in place.
Capacity building/Advisory support: Ensure HR and other relevant policies are understood and applied effectively across all offices:
- Provide capacity-building training to staff on HR Policy, Performance Management, and People Management to Addis Based and Field Offices’ staff.
- Provide training on HR procedures and practices to staff as required.
- Support line managers in field locations to manage employee relations.
- Act as focal person for all HR-related queries from field offices.
Salary and Benefits Revision: Work with the HR and Admin Manager to ensure that salaries and benefits are reviewed every other year and propose a change to the SMT.
- Provide guidance on salary and remuneration issues including regular salary reviews in consultation with the HR and Administration Manager and SMT.
DRC Dynamics Focal Person as a Super User:
- Create Positions whenever new positions are created
- Delete canceled positions from the system
- Make sure that calendars are created every year for Ethiopia in Dynamics
- Create and revise checklists onboarding and offboarding checklists in Dynamics as required
- Create formats in Dynamics as needed
- Support all FOs and Addis Team in troubleshooting some dynamics-related problems
- Provide training to staff members on employee self-service including performance and development process in Dynamics.
HR Reports: - Work with the HR and Administration Manager and compile API Report and Results Contract report every quarter and submit to RO.
- Prepare reports on Staff Turnover and submit them to the HR and Administration Manager for review and analysis.
- Prepare other reports as required by the HR and Administration Manager and the SMT
Handle the recruitment process of Expatriate staff members and handle all expat-related issues.
Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor and SMT.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master
DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- 5 or more years of progressive HR management experience is required.
- Understanding of the employment regulations of Ethiopia is required.
- Demonstrated experience and skill with performance management and training/presentation.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and MS words
- Prior management experience and strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Ability to travel frequently to other areas
EDUCATION: (include certificates, licenses, etc.)
- A BA/S or equivalent in HR or Administration is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
LANGUAGE: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationForm/SinglePageApplicationForm.aspx?cid=1036&departmentId=19012&ProjectId=166845 under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than January 28, 2023.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status, or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: