- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Warsaw
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: Closed
The Danish Refugee Council is currently looking for a skilled and experienced Logistics Specialist to join our team in Warsaw, Poland.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading protection agency whose mandate is to promote and protect durable solutions to conflict and displacement-affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC is implementing a multi-sector response to support Ukraine refugees, IDPs, and host populations both within Ukraine and in the neighbouring countries of Poland, Romania and Moldova and wider Europe. DRC has been operating in Ukraine since 2014, following previous operations in the 1990’s and between 2007-2013. Over the years, DRC successfully maintained its presence in the government-controlled areas (GCA) and adapted its programmes to provide early recovery and durable solutions to people affected by the conflict including IDPs and communities living along the contact line, as well as reduce the threats of explosive ordnance with a growing humanitarian mine action programme. Due to the ongoing conflict that began in Feb 22, DRC opened offices in Poland, Moldova and Romania to provide support to displaced populations through a partnership with civil society organizations and national NGOs, duty bearers, and other actors. DRC continues to implement in these three countries through partnerships, technical assistance and capacity exchange, and direct implementation in some cases.
About the job:
The Logistics Specialist will be responsible for managing logistics for the DRC's operations in Poland, including asset management, inventory, office establishment, fleet management, warehouse management, and IT support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Asset Management and Inventory:
- Monitor and maintain accurate inventory records of all DRC assets in Poland in soft and hard format.
- Ensure timely and efficient procurement of equipment and supplies as needed
- Conduct regular inventory checks and audits to identify any discrepancies or issues and for donor reports
- Coordinate the maintenance, repair, and replacement of assets as needed
- Ensure that DRC policy is promoted to and adhered to across multiple locations.
- Assist with tender opening, drafting of service contracts and other administrative documentation.
Establishment of New Office Premises:
- Assist with the setup and establishment of new office premises for DRC in Poland
- Develop and implement office logistics policy and procedures to ensure efficient and effective operations
- Ensure compliance with local regulations and laws. Assist with securing of relevant licenses and permits.
- Manage the fleet requirements across DRC Poland offices
- Coordinate the maintenance, repair, and replacement of DRC-owned and rental vehicles as needed
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for safe and responsible vehicle use
- Maintain accurate records of fuel consumption, mileage, and maintenance costs for DRC-owned vehicles.
- Manage the DRC's warehouse operations in Poland, including receiving, storing, and distributing goods
- Ensure the warehouse is well-organized, clean, and secure
- Coordinate the transportation of goods to field offices as needed
- Ensure compliance with local regulations and laws regarding warehouse operations
- Provide technical support for the DRC's IT systems and equipment in Poland
- Coordinate the setup and maintenance of computer networks and servers in conjunction with IT consultants.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any local IT issues as needed
- Provide training and support to staff on the use of IT systems and equipment
To be successful in this role we expect you to have:
- At least 3 years of experience in logistics and support services, preferably in an NGO or humanitarian context
- Strong knowledge of logistics and supply chain management principles and practices
- Experience with asset management, inventory management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel to field offices in Poland
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, supply chain management, or a related field
- Fluency in English and Polish languages
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment.
Contract length: 12 months
Base salary range: from 17230 to 19980 PLN gross per month, based on experience
Duty station: Warsaw with travel to field locations
Start date: February 1st, 2023
We offer competitive salary and benefits in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
All applicants must already have the legal right to live and work in Poland without visa sponsorship or be EU/EFTA/Ukrainian citizens.
Closing date for applications: January 31st, 2023
Applications will be reviewed, and interviews conducted on a rolling basis, and we, therefore, encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: