- Organization: WHO - World Health Organization
- Location: Jakarta
- Grade: Junior level - NO-A, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position
- Public Health and Health Service
- Malaria, Tuberculosis and other infectious diseases
- Closing Date: Closed
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME1. To support the MOH for increasing immunization coverage throughroutine and supplementary immunization activity including COVID-19 vaccination. 2. To promoteregional and country self-reliance in vaccine quality control and production
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIESUnder the overall supervision of WR Indonesia as the second level supervisor and technical guidance from HQ and Regional Advisor, Immunization and Vaccine Development (IVD), South East Asia Regional Office (SEARO) and day-to-day supervision/guidance of/by the Medical Officer of Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI) as the first level supervisor, the incumbent will provide support to the Ministry of Health (MOH) collaborative program in Indonesia by performing the following specific duties:Provide technical assistances to the Ministry of Health, Republic of Indonesia and select provinces/districts to increase immunization coverage through routine and supplementary immunization activities including COVID-19 vaccination and improve surveillance for vaccine preventable diseases, focusing on system strengthening, policy changes, human resource capacity development, and pilot demonstration activities.Strengthen the capacity and work performance of immunization and surveillance staff at the province, district, and hospital level in 6-11 select provinces through: year-round mentorship of national and local staff; technical assistance with outbreak investigations; technical assistance with immunization and VPD surveillance data analyses at the province and/or district level; periodic training programs using adult learning techniques systematic use of assessment tools to monitor and improve performance.Provide technical oversight and assistance with the GAVI health systems strengthening portfolio and GAVI immunization systems graduation portfolio in Indonesia including monitoring of field activities and development of strategic priorities with these funds.Serve as the WHO Indonesia focal point for immunization demand generation activities including pilot demonstration activities in collaboration with Promkes (Health Promotion Directorate within the MoH). Serve as the WHO Indonesia focal point for NRA systems strengthening including adverse events following immunization (AEFI) monitoring systems.
EducationEssential: University degree inmedicine from a recognized institution.
Desirable: Post graduate degree inpublic health preferably in epidemiology or child health from a recognized university.
ExperienceEssential: At least one year of relevant experience in the field of polio eradication and vaccine preventable diseases.
Desirable: Familiarity with government structure and procedures; Familiarity with WHO policies and practices; Working experience with WHO or other UN Agencies at the national level.
SkillsProficiency in use of computer (word processing, spreadsheets and presentations); Ability to work in harmony with national/international staff of WHO and Ministry of Health;Ability to write clear reports and prepare presentation; Good skills in organizing and conducting meetings, workshops and training sessions;To be able to travel extensively through-out Indonesia
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language SkillsEssential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia.
REMUNERATIONRemuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at IDR 437,606,000 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
This vacancy is now closed.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you:
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: