- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Kharkiv
- Grade: Administrative support - Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: Closed
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
DRC Ukraine is looking for an Administration assistant based in Kharkiv.
General job description
The administration assistant provides support for the daily functioning of the office and the implementation of DRC programs in the eastern region, in the Kharkiv office in the area of responsibility. Reports to the financial and administrative team leader, collaborates with the procurement team and program staff to ensure the timely completion of administrative tasks and provide the necessary support to other teams in his area of responsibility.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be
- Perform administrative task according to DRC guidelines.
- Book hotels/trips for DRC staff national and international travel and meetings.
- Solving tasks in matters related to the rental of real estate, including the preparation of agreements with landlords and solving problems related to the rental of office and guest apartments
- Assistance to the HR department in the registration of new employees, namely scanning of employee documents, participation in interviews and verification of letters of recommendation
- Providing necessary administrative support to program staff regarding travel arrangements, booking tickets and accommodation, and proper reporting
- Support of the head of the Financial and Administrative Team Leader activities and the Base Manager in matters of administrative work
- Receive and send official correspondence and maintain record for it.
- Provide support to various departments in data entry tasks.
- Follow up and support with administrative authorizations
- Perform ad hoc office tasks (for instance: purchases, office maintenance, looking for premises)
- Printing, signing and achieving of DRC documents
- Monitoring compliance with the organization's international code of conduct, internal and donor instructions/procedures regarding DRC procurement, to avoid conflicts of interest
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as requested by the Manager.
Required experience and technical competencies
- Microsoft Office skills, in particular MS Excel and Word, experience with ERP systems is desirable.
- Analytical mindset, attention to detail, communicability, financial literacy.
- Previous experience from 1 year.
- Experience working in an NGO will be an advantage.
Education - master degree at economics, management, accounting or analogue.
- English B-2 or higher
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Contract duration: 12 months with the possibility of renewal depending on the effectiveness and funding of the program. A 3-month trial period is completed beforehand
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Application deadline: 27.01.2023
- Type of contract: full-time. Work in the office
- Business trips: a trip to the city of Dnipro for a 2-week study is possible.
- Position: national
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 30 January 2023
We reserve the right to conduct further interviews before the deadline for submission of applications.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: