Regional Head of Programme (Asia-Europe)
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: Senior level - Senior
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: Closed
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Regional Head of Programme for our operations in Asia-Europe.
About the job
This role has a regional focus and provides leadership and strategic direction in developing and delivering DRC’s programmatic vision and strategy across the regional operation, while driving strategic engagement at the regional level through oversight of regional projects, partnerships and platforms.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Lead and facilitate development of the regional strategic plan, and lead the regional periodic reviews;
- Lead and set the overall programmatic direction and ambition for the region;
- Guide and support country operations in development of country strategic plans, and lead the process of regional quality assurance and review of country strategic plans;
- Oversee regional programmatic development;
- Ensure a regional donor engagement strategy is in place and executed;
- Oversee the DRC programme portfolio across the region on aspects of programme delivery and quality management;
- Lead and performance manage the RO programme team;
- Represent DRC at regional forums and in various coordination structures in close coordination with the EDR.
To be successful in this role we expect you to possess the following:
- Master’s degree in political science, international development, economics or another relevant field.
- At least 7 years' experience in the programme sector and at least 4 years' experience with people management
- Experience with proposal development, budget development, program implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience with effectively coordinating with national partners, local/government authorities, NGO partners, UNHCR and other relevant stakeholders.
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management.
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Senior programme management experience in a technical sector relevant to DRC’s Core sectors.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 2 years
Band: E management
Designation of Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand (Note: pending approval of DRC registration in Thailand) l Family duty-station, accompanied
Start date: 01 May 2023
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; For questions regarding the vacancy please contact email@example.com. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
Closing date for applications: 6 February 2023
The screening process for this position is on rolling basis, so early submission of applications is encouraged. DRC reserves the right to start with the next steps in the recruitment process prior to the closing date, should we identify a suitable candidate.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: