- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Kharkiv
- Grade: Junior level - Junior
- Administrative support
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Closing Date: Closed
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading protection agency with a mandate is to promote and protect durable solutions to conflict and displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights.
DRC has been operating in Ukraine since 2014, currently DRC employs over 290 staff in Ukraine and will continue significant scale-up in 2022 to implement emergency response in the Protection, Livelihoods, Shelter/NFIs and Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding (humanitarian mine action) sectors, using direct interventions, support to duty bearers and civil society organizations (CSOs), and partnerships with CSOs. DRC will continue and adapt its durable solutions portfolio to the evolving context.
DRC is currently looking for Protection Assistantto join our team in Kharkiv.
Overall purpose of the role:
The Protection Assistant is part of the DRC Protection Team and works under the management, guidance and supervision of DRC’s national Protection Manager. The Protection Assistant supports the Protection Officer and Protection Manager in timely and quality implementation of protection activities. This position is based in Kharkiv with frequent travel to field locations.
- This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations.
- Communication with local authorities, establishing good relationships with conflict affected population, needs assessment of local communities.
- Needs assessment of local communities and IDPs.
- Organization and delivery of protection programme activities.
- Regular contribution to planning and reporting on programme activities
Implementation of protection activities
- Implement of all protection activities, including but not limited to work with local authorities, implementation of community based initiatives, community’s capacity building, assistance to conflict-affected population;
- Contribute to the design of clear weekly and monthly plans for the implementation of all protection activities;
- Support the organization and delivery of project activities;
- Support the Protection Officer in implementation of all protection activities;
- Follow process oftools, guidelines and SOPs relevant for protection work;
- Manage individual cases, provide advice and guidance as well as referrals to beneficiaries on issues related to accessing required services.
Training and capacity building
- Contribute to the development of training materials and tools;
- Assist in training for government and NGO stakeholders, social workers;
- Design information leaflets, brochures, training modules for awareness raising activities.
Internal/External Coordination and Representation
- Establish and maintain coordination with local authorities, local and international NGOs when/if required;
- Represent projects in relevant coordination meetings when requested;
- Support with occasional document translation and provide interpretation support to Protection Manager during meetings, trainings, and other project activities.
Reporting & Accountability
- Collect and maintain project data ensuring the highest standards of data protection and confidentiality. Insert the collected information into the database when needed;
- Contribute to drafting reports, analyses of statistical data and proposal writing;
- Comply with all relevant DRC policies and procedures, particularly with respect to child protection, the code of conduct, and security.
Perform other relevant tasks as requested by Protection Officer or Protection Manager.
Required experience and competencias
- At least 2 years of working experience in economic development area or social work, supporting vulnerable groups of populations as part of local or international organizations;
- Strong facilitation skills, building communication with local authorities;
- Experience in working with conflict affected population;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and good command of English – both oral and written;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude and stress resilience;
- Graduate degree in economy, social work or equivalent;
- Good writing and analytical skills.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes;
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback;
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation;
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly;
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Relevant university degree (e.g. political science, international development, or economics) or equivalent professional qualification.
Contract length: 3 months renewable depending on performance and funding.
Level: I non-Manager
Start date: As soon as possible.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: February 02, 2023
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: