Regional ADSP Advocacy Specialist
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Dhaka
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Legal - Broad
- Political Affairs
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: Closed
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job
The ADSP Specialist will drive the projects and direction of the ADSP sub-regional platform, with a heavy emphasis on the implementation of the Protecting Rohingya Refugees in Asia (PRRiA) project. The Specialist will report to the ADSP Manager, who is responsible for overseeing all projects and staff connected to this initiative.
Within ADSP’s framework, the Specialist is expected to take the lead in developing and coordinating research, policy and advocacy initiatives related to the PRRiA project, as well as strengthen coordination and stakeholder engagement across Southeast Asia. As relevant, the application of learning to practice will also occur.
- The Specialist is expected to lead the development and management the PRRiA project, whilst also supporting other sub-regional initiatives as viable.
- He/she will coordinate closely with partner agencies, external stakeholders, regional bodies, and others and provide line and technical management of staff/consultants as additional functions become possible through fundraising.
- The Specialist is expected to take the lead in developing and coordinating research, policy and advocacy initiatives related to the PRRiA project, as well as strengthen coordination and stakeholder engagement across Southeast Asia.
- Monitor and implement the donor deliverables under the PRRiA project
- Foster relationships with key Bangkok-based regional bodies including ICVA, APRRN, RBAP, IOM etc.
- Ensure timely MEAL as required under the project
- Ensure timely and accurate project reporting as required.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in analysis and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic and negotiation skills with high level of flexibility in a challenging and fast-moving multicultural environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and respect deadlines.
- Proven experience in report writing.
- Expertise in coordination.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with senior representatives of INGOs, IOs and government structures.
- Thorough understanding of protection issues.
- Strong experience of financial management and donor compliance processes.
- Knowledge of key tools used by donor agencies, such as logical frameworks, results chains, results-based management and financial administration systems.
An advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in political science, social science, international studies, public administration, economics, or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two (3) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- English (fluent)
- The ability to speak an Asian language would be an asset.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment.
Contract length: 15 Months
Band: G, Non- Management
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Start date: 01 April 2023
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 09 February 2023
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: