- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Al Başrah
- Grade: All levels - NPP - National Project Personnel - Local Contractors Agreement
- Administrative support
- Transport and Distribution
- Closing Date: Closed
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
FAO's office for Iraq is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing countrywide food, agriculture and rural development priorities under Iraq CPF 2018-2022.. It develops and maintains relations with the relevant Ministries at country level.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the FAO Representative to Iraq, and the direct supervision of the Security Advisor. Supervision received provides for procedural guidance and improved service delivery.
The Driver is responsible to perform driving services for the FAO Representative, FAO Senior Management, and/or FAO staff and official visitors. He also provides other pick-up, delivery and messenger services for his clients. The incumbent ensures the safety and comfort of the passengers and longevity of the vehicles assigned. He shows a high sense of responsibility and trustworthiness and handles his passengers and clients with utmost courtesy and respect.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Receive driving requests and establish the daily driving schedule for the two FAO drivers prioritizing routes and time;
• Perform driving services for FAO Senior Management, officials, authorised persons, and/ or staff and visitors at all levels, as assigned by Assistant FAOR ;
• Effect deliveries and pick-ups as requested in accordance with deadlines and priorities; inform supervisor of difficulties concerning schedules and timing of deliveries and recommend options for appropriate decisions and/or actions;
• Ensure that the assigned vehicle is clean and properly maintained; schedule periodic maintenance controls of the assigned vehicle at certified service centres; monitor vehicle functioning constantly to ensure correct and safe transport operation and report any problems to his/her direct supervisor;
• Immediately inform FAO Representative, of any accident or theft and any involved injury of passengers and get immediate assistance; handle all local and organizational formalities and ensure that all rules, regulations and procedures are followed correctly;
• Assist, if necessary, with baggage transportation, hotel check-in, and local formalities when accompanying to and from the airport, or elsewhere;
• Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, transportation / vehicle related expenditures, vehicle servicing, repairs, etc. . on specific shared files;
• Perform any other duties required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Secondary school education. Possession of valid driver’s license
• Two years of work experience as a driver. Flawless, safe driving record
• Working knowledge of English and Arabic
• National of Iraq
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: